Nice cup cake recipe please

bams1, Oct 25, 11:29pm
my daughter needs to make some cup cakes for school , i don't usually make them and don't have a recipe - any quick easy ones out there !

kinna54, Oct 26, 3:24am
I often just use my ordinary cake recipes and bake in the patty or muffin cups. One I make often for granddies at pre school is the Edmonds book Orange cakes.(or lemon if no oranges in the house.)
Orange cakes:
50g butter (or margarine)
125gms castor sugar
grated rind 1/2 orange
1 TBSP orange juice
2 eggs
75gms flour
25g cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP warm water
Cream butter and sugar, add rind and juice. Add beaten eggs alternately with sifted dry ingredients. Lastly add warm water. Bake 10-12mins in greased patty tins or paper cases 200c. Ice with orange butter icing.
**Tip if no castor sugar just use ordinary but put it thru your kitchen whizz or beat it for a couple of mins on its own (to crush finely)before adding the butter or marg to cream.

kinna54, Oct 26, 3:26am
Also there is a Jo Seager vanilla cupcakes (hit search on the left hand side) or another one of the granddies favourites is Edmonds butterfly cakes. Good luck.

marcs, Oct 26, 1:43pm
Nigella's cup cakes. Use the search button on the side. Easy to make and comes out nice and soft and fluffly. I add extra milk.

erewhon04, Oct 26, 4:20pm
if you are a non-baker, just buy a boxed butter cake (add egg and water) and fill patty tins.
nothing worse than expensive failures.I agree, use any cake recipe you are comfortable with.Being small,cupcakes can by dry though, so it needs to be a failproof, moist recipe. Recipes using oil instead of butter (eg carrot cake) and usually much moister.

bams1, Oct 27, 1:12am
Hi and thanks will get her to make the nigella ones. I am a baker - we don't buy any biscuits or bread in this house , i just don't make cup cakes lol.

fee1965, Oct 27, 2:50am
Cupcake Shop in Wellington - Cupcakes

200g Plain Flour1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
115g Butter165g Castor Sugar
1 ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence2 Eggs
125ml Milk

1.Make sure butter, eggs and milk are all at room temp!
2. Beat butter until pale and creamy.
3. Beat in sugar – beat well until fluffy.
4. Add eggs 1 at a time, beat lightly after each addition.
5. Beat in vanilla.
6. Add ½ the flour and milk, mix gently.
7. Add other half milk and flour, mix til only just combined.BE GENTLE.
8. Bake at 180cfor about 18mins, if they peak – turn oven down to 160c.

Makes approx 12

kinna54, Oct 27, 3:24am
I often just use my ordinary cake recipes and bake in the patty or muffin cups. One I make often for granddies at pre school is the Edmonds book Orange cakes.(or lemon if no oranges in the house.)
Orange cakes:
50g butter (or margarine)
125gms castor sugar
grated rind 1/2 orange
1 TBSP orange juice
2 eggs
75gms flour
25g cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP warm water
Cream butter and sugar, add rind and juice. Add beaten eggs alternately with sifted dry ingredients. Lastly add warm water. Bake 10-12mins in greased patty tins or paper cases 200c. Ice with orange butter icing.
**Tip if no castor sugar just use ordinary but put it thru your kitchen whizz or beat it for a couple of mins on its own (to crush finely)before adding the butter or marg to cream.
***edited to note: this doesn't make a lot, around 12, if you need more simply double the mix, works well.***