Can anyone recommend a good pasta machine and

beauranger, Oct 25, 9:36am
cookbook for making pasta!

beaker59, Oct 25, 11:00pm
I just got the Acosteel one from Warehouse for 0 bucks it works great though taglatelli cutter doesn't cut right through every time, 95% though which is OK with me. At that price it is well worth it.

As for cookbook hey I just use google heaps of Ideas and recipes there I have made heaps of stuffed pasta from that which we really like. And totally transforms Lasagne I do mix my dough in the food processor now as otherwise its a bit messy kneading it on the bench like the chefs do.

davidt4, Oct 25, 11:07pm
Gosh beaker59, that was certainly a bargain.

beaker59, Oct 25, 11:19pm
OOOOOOOOOppppppppppps thats 60 bucks missed the key stroke.

cookessentials, Oct 25, 11:25pm
Marcato Atlas or Imperia if you are serious about making good pasta. The cheap crappy ones dont roll the dough properly.

beaker59, Oct 25, 11:41pm
The one I got from Warehouse rolls the dough really well no issue at all if there was a critisism I could make its the cutting which is a little inacurate though still well usable. Certainly only takes a few minutes to make enough pasta for a large family meal.

lythande1, Oct 26, 6:28am
I got a made in china machine off Trademe years ago, brilliant, cheap as chips, never failed.

cool_sta, Oct 27, 4:14am
i got mine from stevens. 150bucks worth for 50 bucks in the sales. if you are near albany/browns bay stevens there ALWAYS have a sale. mine has angel hair cutter attachment and the fat pasta what ever that is. simple recipe! i use 1 cup of flour, (put about 1/3 to the side for kneading) make a well, add salt , a little oil and an egg then mix and knead using the extra flour when necessary. i think the trick is one egg makes one portion. so if you double the recipe, cut it into two when you are rolling and cutting it.

nauru, Oct 27, 11:08am
Simon Holst PastaCookbook, soft cover, I use mine a lot and I got it from TM, great recipes. Also I have the Pasta Bible, a great book and a pesi from my son.

nauru, Oct 28, 11:08am
Simon Holst PastaCookbook, soft cover, I use mine a lot and I got it from TM, great recipes. Also I have the Pasta Bible, a great book and a pesi from my son.I only have a cheapy pasta machine and find that it works well, rolls and cuts the pasta great.