Whats your yummy pate (chicken liver) recipe

m41, Oct 25, 6:41am
please as the shop stuff is never enough and getting to expensive !

davidt4, Oct 25, 9:03am
This is the one that I make all through summer.It keeps in the fridge for a week.

Pork & Chicken Liver Terrine

(allow 2-3 days)

500g chicken livers cut in half
200g belly pork in 1 cm dice
200g minced pork
7 tab armangac/brandy
4 tab port
3 tab sherry
2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2c chopped parsley
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp thyme leaves
2 tsp salt
12 turns of peppermill

Marinate all 24 hours in fridge

Streaky bacon or prosciutto to line terrine
Bay leaves
Thyme sprigs

Line terrine with stretched bacon, pack in meat, bacon on top, bay leaves & thyme on top to decorate.

Cook in bain marie uncovered 220C 1 ¾ hours.Cool 3 hours, weight and chill for at least 24 hours.

Serve with onion jam

davidt4, Oct 25, 9:05am
Here's a very mild pate, very good for lunch.

Austrian Liver Pâté

225g chicken livers
small onion, finely chopped
50g butter
salt, pepper, paprika - big pinch each
mace, allspice - small pinch each
2 eggs
1 tab milk
1 tab brandy

Fry livers, onion and 25g butter gently until just stiffened, add seasonings.Add eggs beaten with milk, stir and leave to set.

Put into a food processor and whizz with 25g butter and brandy to a smooth paste.Check seasoning, spread into a container and chill.Or shape into a brick shape, wrap and chill.

m41, Oct 25, 9:08am
ohh yum will give each a go and let you know yum can`t wait ! thankyou :)

seniorbones, Oct 25, 9:20am
This is the best, I will type as I read so excuse the spelling mistakes.and you will never make another again once you have tasted this!
500gms chicken livers, 1/3 cup port, 90gms butter, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 clove garlic crushed, 1/3 cup cream, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of ground thyme. Trim & wash livers cut in half place in bowl with port, stand 2 hours, strain reserving liquid. Melt half the butter in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, stir over heat until onion is soft. Add livers and stir for a few mins until they have changed colour, add res liquid simmer uncover 1 min, melt remaining butter. Blend liver mix with cream and herbs until smooth. Add the melted butter while the motor is running process until smooth pour into dish cover refrigerate 2 hours. then ithas a gelatine to top it with but I dont do it but if you want to; 1 tsp gelatine, 1/2 cup chicken stock, sprinkle gelatine over stock dissolve in micro for 30seconds cool to room temp pour carefully over pate refrig overnight.