RICE BALLS

munro661, Oct 24, 10:39pm
how to make them n what type of rice

aly5, Oct 25, 4:27am
You just use the sushi rice with sushi mix (or vinegar/sugar /water)

frances1266, Oct 25, 5:43am
I use to make them years ago and they were really nice.l.Use a cooked medium or short grain rice, roll into a ball around an umeboshi plum and then roll in gomasio which is ground roasted sesame seeds and salt.It is very tasty and I think I am remembering correctly that the umeboshi plum in the centre has good keeping qualities.I think the Japanese have them for lunch.

cheese-mike, Oct 25, 9:19pm
Pams short grain rice is cheaper than sushi rice and works really well.
Cook the rice, it should be really sticky, add a small amount of sushi seasoning, then put an amount of rice in your hand and place the filling in the middle, wrap the rice around the filling and press into a ball shape.

easy, yummy, filling.

antoniab, Oct 25, 9:21pm
Do you mean the asian ones or Arancini the italian kind that is crumbed and deep fried!

fifie, Oct 26, 1:04am
My version . Cookrice with 1 tablespoon sugar 1/2 teasp salt till water assorbed, lid on and steam for a while off heat.Meanwhile get your fillings ready.Tip rice into a dish put 3 tablespoons sushi seasoning onto rice and mix in. While rice still warm cut a square of glad wrap lay it on flat surface put a good tablespoon of rice in middle make a hole in centre with thumb add filling pick up gladwrap corner by corner twist till you have a ball shape leave wrap on till you serve if you like i don't. This morning i made chicken ones, poached apiece of skinless chicken in ginger, garlic, and soy sauce, shredded it, filled rice ball with chicken, avocado, and chives,strip of nori round outsidesprinkleda few toasted sesame seeds on topfor lunch nice and easy and tasty.