How To make an Easy Butter Chicken & Naan Bread

dearna, Nov 15, 12:24am
Hello All, Can anyone tell if they have easy receipes for Butter Chicken and Naan Bread. The naan bread i am wondering if i could do it in a bread maker would love some receipes.

buzzy110, Nov 15, 2:23am
Go to your local supermarket and buy a pkt of Asian Homestyle butter chicken and follow the instructions. This is one of the few pkt foods that is almost totally free of added chemicals and contains everything that goes into butter chicken. Next go by the freezer and pick up a packet of pre-cooked Jewel of India naan bread. Or maybe there is some fresh at the end of the bread aisle. You can choose a good coconut cream or use fresh cream.

I am appalled that I am saying this but these two purchased products are as close to home made as you can get.

theanimal1, Nov 15, 3:00am
Butter Chicken (quick recipe)
Boneless chicken breasts (about 3-4), 1 can coconut cream (can use light cream), 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsps curry powder, 1 onion finely diced, 1 small can tomato paste, About 30g Ground Almonds (to thicken). Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, brown in a little butter, add onion and garlic. (Do not brown). Add all the other ingredients except the ground almonds. Cook until chicken is cooked and tender. Add ground almonds to thicken. IF any left over - it freezes very well. Serve on rice.

Naan bread 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cup warm water, Directions: 1) Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. 2) Add the water slowly, making sure that the whole mixture is covered, to form a soft dough. 3) Either in the bowl or on a bench, knead the dough until it doesn’t stick to your fingers. You may knead to add a little extra flour for this. The dough should be smooth and flexible. 4) Separate the dough into golf ball-sized portions. 5) Cover the dough and leave in a warm place for at least half an hour. 6) Roll each dough ball out into circles about 3mm high. 7) Heat a frying pan with a little oil and cook each side for about 20s or until the first sign of bubbles. Makes about a dozen.

meegs35, Nov 15, 3:04am
Go to foodlovers.co.nz and go into the forums then search for 'Foodcourt butter chicken' (it may also be in the recipe section), it is totally delicious, easy and tastes like the stuff you get in the foodhalls. It may not be authentic but it sure tastes good! The naan you could buy frozen at the supermarket.

inversdave, Nov 15, 3:20am
I have started using spice'n'easy spice packs (from the supermarket) which has little packs of all the spiced you need an a recipe included. It makes a nice butter chicken.

gemini007, Nov 25, 8:00am
Awesome Recipe thanks! Made it tonight for the family - everyone loved it - hubby finished it and said "Was that Pataks? ? "

sandra22, Dec 3, 12:56pm
If you can't be bothered with buying all those spices but still want that awesome butter chicken taste, then short cut the whole process and buy the best butter chicken spice mix in NZ on www.butterchicken.co.nz