Annabel Langbein

Page 1 / 3
maynard9, Jan 7, 5:32pm
I scored this yesterday in a bookshop while wandering around Wgtn for $37.I was wrapped as had wanted it for Xmas but thought as I already had the Free Range one for my birthday it was being a bit extravagent.Decided I would purchase when it got to below say $45 so couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it in the window.

I have most of her books and use them on a regular basis.

Looking forward to sitting down tonight to have a proper look thru.

poppy103, Jan 7, 6:57pm
Have loved every recipe I have tried from her new book "Free range in the city". Even did a Xmas gift basket using her recipe for" cinnamon stars" . The Limoncello flavoured layer dessert is sublime and lots of lovely comments when produced.I think she is the epitomy of everything about cooking in our country. Seasonal,uncomplicated,full of flavour and best of all "made from scratch". Doesn't get much better really.

wingee, Jan 7, 8:58pm
I have done the Pork Belly twice now, and never fail! considering I dont think I can cook, plus her coconut mini pavs, pistashio choc log, and out of new new book "carrot cake for a crowd", I have never made a carrot cake before and this one was just perfect, a real hit at a dinner party.(Mrs W)

lyl_guy, Jan 7, 9:26pm
Try the zucchini fritters from the new book. have made them 3 times now, and we all just LOVE them. very easy way to get veges into the family without being too vege-like!

kiwichik1, Jan 7, 10:14pm
There is a seller here on tm that sells both books, freerange cook for $30 and freerange in the city for $34, and $6.00 postage, very quick delivery also.

wingee, Jan 8, 6:26pm
Will do, they sounded yum when I read the recipe

eyesonly01, Jan 15, 2:40am
Just wondering how what recipes everyone has tried over the silly season! I am making the Tuscan Meatballs tonight. they look delicious!

iman007, Jan 15, 3:03am
does she cook! i just like to watch her!

eyesonly01, Jan 15, 4:21am
Im drooling now haha meals almost finished and had my first taste test and it was delicious! yum!

figjamto, Jan 15, 5:05am
On Special in a bookshop in St Heliers at the moment for about $37

ggmd, Jan 15, 9:18pm
she does a good job at acting sooo nice.

skye7, Oct 14, 9:12am
I could not resist and today purchased Annabel Langbein's new cookbook "Free Range in the City". The book is fantastic, and comparable with her fabulous "Free Range Cook" book. I am looking forward to creating over the next few days.

gardie, Oct 14, 5:00pm
I am eagerly awaiting if from the library.I got her first one and found that great - nice to hear the second is comparable.I wonder if she's going to do a TV show for it too.

motorbo, Oct 14, 8:57pm
i still like her best of book the best lol

lyl_guy, Oct 14, 8:57pm
Oh, lucky!How much does it cost!

holly-rocks, Oct 14, 9:20pm
I would love to know the cost also! Think its the perfect pressie for my Mum :)

holly-rocks, Oct 14, 9:22pm
Just looked online at the warehouse, including shipping just under $50.

sumstyle, Oct 14, 10:54pm
Paper Plus have 25% off the book this weekend

antoniab, Oct 14, 11:06pm

skye7, Oct 15, 7:11am
It was $43.99 at the Warehouse yesterday. Her recipes are all about fresh produce and flavors which I find appealing. She also has tips throughout for how to obtain/grow fresh local produce.

southerngurl, Oct 15, 8:00am
went to get it today was sold out

sumstyle, Oct 15, 9:16am
Stink cos they have it in Chc.

books4nz, Oct 15, 9:43pm

artkat, Oct 16, 2:06am
I got it yesterday with a voucher that I had tucked away. Not sure what to try first. Lots of nice stuff for summer. What are you planning to make!

turtlet, Oct 16, 3:47am
I got mine from Whitcoulls using a voucher.Have half made the Tuscan meatballs page 202. Just have to make the sauce.