Pie dish recommendations pse

poolgirl6, Oct 11, 8:52pm
Amneeding to purchase a pie dish, are the ceramic ones the best or what do you recommend!

lx4000, Oct 11, 9:19pm
what are you making! What sort of pastry etc.

pickles7, Oct 11, 10:41pm
was "It" worth it.poolgirl6.

poolgirl6, Oct 11, 11:20pm
Both sweet and savoury, ie apple/fruit oies and quiches.

poolgirl6, Oct 11, 11:21pm
Can't figure your question pickles.

pickles7, Oct 11, 11:50pm
you will.

indy95, Oct 12, 1:05am
After many years of piemaking in various types of dish I recently bought 2 metal pie plates which have very small holes pierced in the bases. I always bake pies on a preheated oven tray and have found that the pies I make now always have crisp well cooked non-soggy bases and are the probably the most successful I have ever made.

elliehen, Oct 12, 1:23am
This New Zealand website has a 'contact us' with some sound practical ideas on choosing kitchenware wherever you choose to buy it.
http://www.cookwareessentials.co.nz/

poolgirl6, Oct 12, 5:12am
Of course ,thanks for that.

lythande1, Oct 12, 5:47am
I use a glass casserole dish, works fine, doesn't stick, no sogginess.

obsidianwings, Oct 12, 7:11pm
For quiches I use one of those non stick tins with the pop out bottoms, and for pies I use a pyrex glass pie dish, very happy with both.

purplegoanna, Oct 12, 8:01pm
best one i own is one with holes (hundreds) in the bottom, makes all my quiches and pies crust nice & crispy.

poolgirl6, Oct 12, 10:13pm
Does the egg mixture not "run out" of the holes!

indy95, Oct 12, 10:22pm
No it doesn't because there is a layer of pastry between the filling and the bottom of the dish.

cookessentials, Oct 13, 8:32pm
That will be the high wall crispy tart tin.they are brilliant.

purplegoanna, Oct 14, 12:38am
MILwhos nearly 80 has her mothers mesh pie dish that i would love in in herit, its basically a mesh (like a tea bag strainer mesh/woven wire) in the shape of a pie dish.