Anyone remember nestle recipe for apricot caramel

supercook, Oct 6, 12:36am
slice. It appeared in magazines as advert for nestle chocolate button this was quite a few years ago. Anyone remember this slice!

245sam, Oct 6, 2:55am
x1
supercook, I'm not sure if this is the slice you're wanting - this is the recipe as shown on “Good Morning” in 2004 and made by Graham Wilkinson.

APRICOT CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SLICE
Base:
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup brown sugar
125g butter, melted

Combine the dry ingredients, then add the melted butter and mix well.Press the mixture into a baking paper-lined 27cm x 18cm tin.

Filling:
75g butter
¼ cup (85g) golden syrup
1 x 397g can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup coarsely chopped apricots – or usee.g.dates, dried mango pieces

Place the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan.Bring to the boil, stirring.Remove from heat, stir in the condensed milk and apricots.Pour the filling over the base, then evenly place on top

¼ cup each ofMilk MeltsandWhite Melts – 17 or 18 of each

Bake at180ºCfor30 minutes.Allow to cool and cut into pieces.To decorate, drizzle with melted chocolate.
Makes 24 pieces.

Is very sweet but a real caramel-lovers' temptation.:-))

245sam, Oct 6, 3:11am
Or is it this one that you're wanting!I have just checked my Nestle/Chocolate folder of recipes and found this one that was part of a Nestle promo/advert in a magazine many years ago.

APRICOT CRUMBLE SQUARE
This slice has a rich shortcrust base, a tangy apricot filling and a crunchy topping.

400g dried apricots, chopped
1 cup boiling water
100g Nestle Milk Melts
125g butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup each offlourandcoconut
50g butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
¾ cup each ofcoconutandrolled oats

Preheat oven to 180°C.Grease a 20cm x 20cm x 4cm tin.
Place apricots in a saucepan with boiling water.Stand for 30 minutes. then cook over low heat until apricots are soft and water is absorbed.Cool.
Melt the Milk Melts and 125g butter following the directions on the Melts packet.Stir the brown sugar and vanilla essence into the Melts mixture.Add the flour and coconut.Mix well.Press into the prepared tin.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Melt the 50g butter with the golden syrup.Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut and rolled oats.Spread the apricots over the base.Cover with the rolled oat mixture.Press down lightly.
Bake at180°Cfora further 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.Stand on a rack to cool.When cold, cut into squares.
Makes 20-25 squares.

Hope one (or both) of the above help.:-))

buzzy110, Oct 6, 4:27am
245sam. It was very kind of you to post those recipes and I'm sure that when supercook returns she will be happy to thank you for all your effort.

supercook, Oct 6, 4:51am
Perfect thats the one. Thanks soooooo much ! I am going to try the other apricot recipe as well sound delicious.