Alison Holst Spinich and Feta Muffins

marcs, Oct 5, 1:23pm
Can some one please post the above muffin recipe which is in the 100 favourite muffins and slices book. Thank you

cookessentials, Oct 5, 5:38pm
From TVNZ . Says it is Alison Holst Recipe, so hopefully it is the one you want.

Spinach and Feta Muffins

It's hard to know what makes the combination of spinach and feta cheese work so well, but it does! The green flecks from the spinach make these muffins look really good too.

For 12 regular-sized muffins :
1/2 cup (100-125g) cooked spinach, chopped*
1 cup (250g) light cottage cheese
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
50-75g feta, cubed or crumbled

1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2-1 tsp salt

*For convenience try using 1/2 a 250g block of frozen spinach.

Heat oven to 210degC (200degC fanbake), with the rack just below the middle.

Lightly squeeze the cooked spinach, reserving the liquid. Make the spinach liquid up to 1 cup with milk, then place the spinach, milk, cottage cheese, oil and egg in a large bowl and mix well. Add the cubed or crumbled cheese and mix lightly.

Measure the flours, baking powder and salt together into another bowl and toss together with a whisk or fork.

Tip the flour mixture into the liquids, then fold gently together until the flour is just moistened. The mixture does not need to be smooth.

Spoon the mixture into 12, non-stick sprayed, regular sized muffin pans, then bake at 210degC (or 200degC for fan-bake) for 15 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.

Remove muffins from the oven and leave to cool in their pans for 2-3 minutes before tipping out and cooling on a rack. (Note, these muffins do seem to stick to their pans when first removed from the oven, but standing for a few minutes really does help removal.)

Serve, warm or store cooled muffins in sealed bags to prevent drying out.

-------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------

cookessentials, Oct 5, 5:42pm

marcs, Oct 6, 2:45am
Thanks Pam. I am not sure what her reicpe was like but I like her muffin recipes. They turn out really good. I should see if Jo Seagar has one as well. I like her muffin recipes too.