Who has the best bacon!

mike92, Oct 5, 2:09am
I'm tired of the Man whining about bacon. I've tried various supermarket brands but he still says it's either too salty, too watery.and that's when i've bought the non watery stuff. I"m thinking of ordering online from a butchers and am looking for recommendations.

Thanks!

valentino, Oct 5, 2:14am
http://www.pokenobacon.co.nz/

Pretty damn near the best in the Country.

cookessentials, Oct 5, 2:18am
I like Harmony.

cookessentials, Oct 5, 2:25am

kay141, Oct 5, 2:28am
I buy Pemier Bacon pieces for cooking. Seems to have the right amount of salt and no water. Hard to get at times though and only to be seen at New World or Pak n Save. I usually stock up when I see it.

indy95, Oct 5, 2:52am
Mike92, have you tried the freerange bacon available from Steve's Bulk Foods ! The store is in Albert Street just around the corner from Broadwayand opposite Countdown.

davidt4, Oct 5, 2:55am
Our local butcher's dry-cured free range bacon is the best, but Harmony free range comes a very close second.

pickles7, Oct 5, 2:56am
You may find a local Butcher who, still smokes his own Bacon's and hams. I would suggest you take a look,and do taste tests. Frozen bacon has a lot of water.
We have a great Butcher here too, who still smokes his own Bacon and Hams.

holly-rocks, Oct 5, 3:23am
Havoc Pork :) Won 3 awards recently.

nfh1, Oct 5, 3:29am
+ 1 - probably the same butcher!

tarshlove, Oct 5, 3:53am
Ruawai man haven't been there for yr's alway gota go through there to good old Dargaville

pickles7, Oct 5, 4:30am
If you go shop at,The Bald Butcher.nfh1.

rainrain1, Oct 5, 7:08am

gaspodetwd, Oct 5, 9:21am
Henderson's. No water. No preservative. Really good stuff. You can find it at the supermarket.

scuba, Oct 5, 9:47am
have you tried the Waimate bacon from the Farmers market!

jfreak, Oct 5, 10:30am
Henderson's bacon.All natural, no chemicals, and a good price at oak n save.We also get their naturally smoked hams at Christmas.

lythande1, Oct 5, 6:13pm
Its the way its cooked. Forget frying. grill it, lay it on a bit of tinfoil and frill, all the water/fat comes out leaving lovely crispy bacon. I do find the strips better than shoulder bacon.

rainrain1, Oct 5, 10:16pm
best bacon I have ever tasted was bought from a market day seller from the boot of their car.boy was it good

otterhound, Oct 5, 10:46pm
Our homekill bacon bears no resemblance at all to the bacon that's sold in supermarkets.

supercook, Oct 6, 12:44am
We like beehive streaky is good goes nice crispy

nfh1, Oct 6, 12:48am
Yes I do - their new shop is just fantastic.