I do a fudge icing for Chocolate cake
Lemon for banana
And Cream Cheese icing for carrot

auntlb, Oct 4, 12:50am
Chocolate ganache
Chocolate or lemon
Cream cheese

peterlap1, Oct 4, 12:50am
Wifey said to have a look at the new Chelsea Sugar flavoured icing sugars, they are getting quite a range now.Saves a lot of messing about.

guardy, Oct 4, 1:06am
This is THE best choc icing recipe.Foolproof and really delicious.

Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter (60gms) and 100 grams of chocolate.I just use Cadbury or Whitakers - dark or milk.Melt it in the microwave on low and keep stirring.

Add 2 cups of Icing Sugar and 4 Tablespoons of milk.

It sets much harder as it cools.

Great for all cakes

maggie197, Oct 4, 1:19am
Lately I've been making Peppermint icing for my chocolate cake. Makes a nice sharp contrast with the chocolate

valentino, Oct 4, 1:46am
Sometimes for the carrot cake,
Lemon Cream Cheese Icing; place 60g softened creanm cheese and 30 g butter in small mixing bowl, using electric beaters - beat until combined.
Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teasppon very fine lemon zest and just over 1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar and beat all until smooth.

Sometimes for a Banana cake, I would do a frosting like this Butterscotch Frosting; Chop 20g butter into small pieces and into a small saucepan with 1/2 cup (lightly packed) soft brown sugar, (can add a wee bit extra if wish but not too much) and stir constantly over low heat until all has dissolved and mixture boils, simmer for about 3 minutes on lower heat.
Remove from heat, add 1/3 cup sour cream and stir then leave all to cool.
Put 100 g softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with electric beaters until light and creamy then gradually add the cooled butterscotch mixture, beating well after each addition.

For the Chocolate cake, depends on which one I use, sometimes a Choc ganache, or a Choc Icing with an extra touch but to add a nice topping or filling to enrich a choc cake then one uses a nice coffee buttercream especially if the choc cake has also some coffee in it and is a large mix that can be split and sandwiched together, just brings out that extra taste of both choc and coffee, very yummy.
Dissolve 3 teasppons instant coffee in 2 tablespoons boiling hot water.
Put 125g butter and 1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar in a mixing bowl, using electric beaters - beat until pale and creamy, then add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (not essence), the coffee mixture and about 2 teaspoons milk and beat for about 2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.

Cheers and enjoy these extra toppings-frostings, nice to have that variety.

craig04, Oct 4, 3:31am
Chocolate ganache
Lemon or passionfruit
Cream cheese

pheebs1, Oct 4, 4:04am
i do the georgetown dc cup cakes recipe vanilla cream cheese icing
for my carrot cake muffins its heaven and i alway get asked to make them now( you can google to watch a demo)

3 cups icing sugar
i packet of philly cream cheese 250gm
and a stick of butter which is 125gm
and 1/4 tspvanilla essence

cream the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer or with an electric beater till well combined and soft then add vanilla and beat a littlethen cup by cup add the icing sugar till all combined and wip for 3 mins till fluffy and gorgeous
pipe on without the attachments so that the icing is huge and to die for
i make them for the teachers at school on hubbies morning tea day and they are a super hit
i make the muffins from alison holst light carrot cake recipe
its cheap and cheerful and not to heavy but very moist and perfect with the icing
yum!

pheebs1, Oct 4, 4:06am
it pipes enough for 24 very greedy muffins! or about 30 or more if your feeling stingey

n1smo_gtir, Oct 4, 4:21am
-chocolate butter icing
-chocolate butter icing
- cream cheese butter icing . ok I dont know if that exsist but I just lover butter icing