Please

candice6, Mar 24, 8:36am
I have asked this before but i wasnt sure how this thread system worked anyway... ... ... ... ... . my friend is still not well he dont like to eat the same thing more than twice at a push i worry about wastage any one got ideas for cooking for one

hezwez, Mar 24, 8:54am
Have you checked out auctions #278663374#278892752 and #278889951? I'd suggest freezing small portions, and if you use beans and pulses that you soak/cook in larger batches, do in bulk, since without a presure cooker they can take hours to cook and the electricity stacks up, and freeze those in small lots ready to take out to build into individual meals.

unknowndisorder, Mar 24, 9:49am
Candice, to search for the threads you have started before (plus the ones you've replied to) - on the left hand side you can type in your name (where you put keyword) and then for date posted, select "anytime".
You can then see what people have posted in reply to those, and maybe come back to this thread with a bit more of an idea of what you want to cook him - i. e. no eggs, pasta etc etc.
Probably a better idea would be to post what he will eat ;)
I'm not sure how old you are or what your relationship is, but wondering if you have checked out if you're entitled to any help. Heck, maybe even meals on wheels (I don't know anything about it), except some wonderful people deliver it.

Your friend sounds like a handful (I'm similar with not liking to eat the same meal twice, but if I can get away with cooking a meal for two nights and know I'll be busy the 2nd day, heck, I'll do it).

What about things like cottage pie (damn, think you mentioned he didn't like mince? ) or lasagne (hmm, think that's another problem). Not trying to sound like a smart-ass, just did read some of your posts and am seriously wishing I could think of something.
If you can cook meals for more than one day, freeze what is left and then you will have something for a future date.
Oh, what about something like potato salad? (my husband hates it, so I made him eat it last night, as I had a craving for it - he liked it). I put eggs, capsicum, apple, spring onion, cucumber in it & made the mayonnaise. Not sure how that would work frozen though (potatoes would work, I guess).
Or make him his favourite dessert and bribe him ;)
Best of luck (genuinely).

indy95, Mar 24, 7:45pm
Candice6, you really have quite a problem on your hands haven't you ? I have checked back to your previous posts and see that you were expecting a visit from the Cancer Society to help with finding a solution.

Are you and your friend receiving all the support you are entitled to ? I don't know whether he is getting Meals on Wheels or liquid supplements through the local DHB or you are just trying to cope with providing meals on your own but I do know this situation is very difficult to manage and can sometimes be completely overwhelming. I really urge you to accept every bit of help you are offered and if it isn't offered then ask for it. The Cancer Society is absolutely great in these situations.

If you could list the things that he will eat that would be helpful and with a little luck some of us will be able to come up with some inspiring ideas.

candice6, Mar 24, 10:09pm
Hi everyone that is helping me i googled individual meals that was a bit helpful morning teas can be the big problem

candice6, Mar 24, 10:11pm
its mainly trying to make it interesting but trying not to affect his glucose levels so i think when i can a savoury way is better

uli, Mar 24, 10:32pm
candice6 - if you are worried about glucose levels then any starch should be avoided too because it will turn into glucose in the body - which will make baking for morning tea quite tricky.

Can you let us know a bit more so we can help.

candice6, Mar 26, 7:37am
the glucose levels are under control with medication we r ok just ideas that i can moddify thanks u have all been a big help

karenmarie20, Mar 26, 7:42am
This listing might be useful.

MICROWAVE COOKING FOR ONE - Recipe Cookbook
Start price: $5. 50
No reserveCloses: 22 hours
Listing #: 278892752

candice6, Dec 9, 3:15pm
thank u c if i can get a copy