Diet friendly recipes

gboysmum, Oct 2, 8:30am
PLEASE! Trying to lose weight, but getting bored of salad fish and chicken. anyone have any recipes that are healthy!lunch and snack ideas too!

markshar, Oct 3, 6:53am
Have a look at the tony ferguson web site, they have lots of recipes on there :)

craig04, Oct 4, 3:29am
Also the Kiwi KISS diet has some delicious recipes - check out their website, they showcase a couple of recipes I think but you have to pay to view everything. I have three of the recipe/diet books and I make several of the recipes regularly because they are utterly delicious whether you are dieting or not!

amanda_simonp, Oct 4, 8:13am
Craigo4 I have just requested the books at the library - would be interested in which recipes of hers you regularly make.I have made the leek and chicken filo before which is delicious.many thanks

craig04, Oct 4, 8:35am
Okay, my faves are.
From Kiwi KISS in the Kitchen - Tandoori Chicken with Apricot Lime Dressing (utterly divine), Saucy and Wrapped Char-Grilled Chicken, KISS Butter Chicken, Chicken and Apricot Roll, Beef in Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Herb and Lemon Crumbed Fish (actually all the fish recipes are yummo)
From The NEW Kiwi KISS Diet - Peanut Chicken, Dijon Chicken Crumble, Chicken Strudel, Golden Kumara Topped Pie, I also recommend trying a few of the sauces and dressings in the back, they're really good!
From the original Kiwi KISS Diet - Paprika Fish, Ginger Chicken, Crispy Potato Topped Chicken Pie, Creamy Curried Sausages

maynard9, Oct 4, 5:24pm
That's really interesting Craig04.I recently picked up some of her books at the Red Cross Book Sale thinking the recipes looks fabulous.I am currently reading "Do you want fries with that"!Can't wait to get to the recipes.I like how she has several options for the basic recipe.

You havent' mentioned any desserts you have tried but thanks for the list.Wil mark them.

amanda_simonp, Oct 4, 6:31pm
Brilliant thanks craig04

bedazzledjewels, Oct 4, 8:02pm
Depends what weightloss diet you're on.
There's a low carb recipe thread on here. I'll bump it up.

katienz11, Oct 4, 9:41pm
Im on a diet too, and the things Im eating at the moment are tuna on burgen toast (yummy bread), harraways fruit porridge oats with lite yoghurt, homemade soups using the lentil, split pea, pearl barley soup mixes and then adding veges, poach eggs, scrambled eggs, baked beans on toast, tins of tomato heated up with burgen toast.I brown some sesame seeds and along with lemon juice put that over brocolli, or other veges, its yum.Im a rubbish cook, and all of the above is easy to make, and healthy.

elliehen, Oct 4, 10:02pm
Two current listings here on Trade Me :)

buzzy110, Oct 5, 5:39am
Remember that with the Kiss diet and recipes, portion control is precise. You use exactly the amounts stated and eat exactly one serving, not the whole dish.

craig04, Oct 5, 5:48am
That's right - and the portions are fairly generous (or I find them so) so don't worry about being hungry. I always add loads of veges/salad on the side too.

craig04, Oct 5, 5:50am
It's true, I never make the sweet dessert recipes so I can't comment on those. I have made the Anzac biscuits, which were very nice