Signature range choc buttons- gluten Free!

seasiders, Sep 30, 6:34am
Doe anyone know if signature range buttons for cooking are gluten free!

lilyfield, Sep 30, 6:59am
customerinfo@progressive.co.nz-
MAIL THEM AND ASK

nfh1, Sep 30, 7:05am
I am very reluctant to believe anything is GF unless it specifically says so on the packet.

dn_filly, Sep 30, 10:35am
nope, they are not. i just checked a packet i have

chicco2, Sep 30, 10:41am
Are any! Or are thy made in a factory where gluten products are also produced! I have been asked to create a 4 tier gluten free wedding cake. 1 tier is to be miss mud cake. Does the amount of possible contamination in choc buttons matter that much! I really want to know.

jasmine77, Sep 30, 7:51pm
Instead of choc buttons, could you not use Whittaker's dark chocolate which is gluten free!

lilyfield, Sep 30, 7:55pm
yes it matters if the reciepient is a true celiac sufferer.
i suggest you use a chocolat ganache icing on the top, that the person can easely scrape off.Go to the cadbury site and find a pure chocolat couverture.

lilyfield, Sep 30, 8:01pm

chicco2, Oct 1, 4:35am
Ok. Thanks. I fail to see how 140 people at a wedding could be gluten free. The mud cake they want is 30cm and takes 1.3kg of melted choc. I think Whittakers will be a bit expnive. Maybe the gluten free guests can just have a piece of one of the other gluten free tiers.

deus701, Oct 1, 4:43am
Are you getting paid to make the cake! Did the groom & bride request gluten free cakes! Maybe you should discuss to them as gluten free option might be an extra cost. I can never trust the generic brand, I use Callebaut since its gluten free with the exception of Marsior, Rice Crisp & Orange Peel (which have wheat syrup). They cost around $12/kg of choc.

chicco2, Oct 1, 7:24am
Ok, I will follow that up, thanks.