Does anyone have a good scroggin recipe?

jaxbee, Mar 24, 5:59am
Looking at doing some tramping over the Easter break and would like a good home made scroggin recipe please :)

korbo, Mar 24, 6:56am
have a look at the self bins at the supermarket, then just go along and get all the different nuts etc to make your own... dont forget the wide strips of coconut tho.

lindylambchops1, Mar 24, 6:57am
This is the basis for my Trail Mix: almonds, muscatel raisins, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, dried nectarines, dried pears to this add:sliced dates, dried apricots, sultanas, dried figs and finally add 1 kilogram of chocolate coated almonds. The mix can be varied to suit your taste. All ingredients can be measured to your own quantities at point of purchase i. e. , Bin Inn, or supermarket bins. I work on a cup per item. Makes a huge quantity. Also ideal for school lunches. Enjoy! Happy Trails!

globalwanderer, Mar 25, 8:08pm
Best scroggin I had was usual mix like above, but had a handful of glucose powder mixed through it. Also some crystallised ginger pieces.

jaxbee, Dec 4, 7:16pm
Thanks for the ideas! Going tramping over Easter and would like something yummy to snack on. Also found a recipe for an Apricot Scroggin slice on the NZ Womans Weekly website so am going to try that too.