Who buys ready made soup

Page 1 / 2
vintagekitty, Sep 28, 1:12am
in the pouch from the chiller. I bought some the other day as they sounded nice and I have just had the pumpkin one for lunch, oh my gosh its so good. So much nicer than the pumpkin soup I make lol

cookessentials, Sep 28, 1:23am
Yes, sure do from time to time. I like the petango soups

pericles, Sep 28, 1:25am
yes, i do when on special, usually add more. Like the mushroom one, chop up more mushrooms and add

elliehen, Sep 28, 1:29am
I sometimes grab one when they mark them down for a quick sale, and like pericles, throw in something (to make it go further).

vintagekitty, Sep 28, 1:31am
I think they are meant to feed 2, but I ate it all - oops, big bowls here. I have a mushroom one, that can be tomorrow's lunch

pericles, Sep 28, 1:32am
I put a mushroom one into a kumera bake at the w/end

holly-rocks, Sep 28, 1:37am
The Good Taste co pumpkin soup is super yum! It also reheats perfectly from frozen. Also love their Basil and garlic chunky dip! Sooo yummy :)

nfh1, Sep 28, 1:41am
I love the soups from Kaweka, that is meant to serve two but I love them too much to share!

These are not chilled but are in pouches, so live in the cupboard.

kay141, Sep 28, 1:53am
Their blue cheese dip makes a yummy pasta sauce if you like blue cheese.Or thinned down with a litle milk for salad dressing.

holly-rocks, Sep 28, 1:58am
I love blue cheese! Will try that thanks :) NUM

motorbo, Sep 28, 3:30am
i did recently cos it was so cheap .reduced to sell at 2 bucks, country chicken and sweetcorn chowder, so not the chinese style, but it was hearty and delish! not sure i would pay full price for it though

fifie, Sep 28, 4:01am
yep i do occasionally as well. Have made many a pumpkin soup recipe over time and the best i like is purplegonnasroast pumpkin bacon and garlic soup, made with the big grey pumpkins, recipe is on here make heaps of it and freeze in winter yummy served with sour cream.

rainrain1, Sep 28, 4:31am
Watties tomato soup is a firm favourite,love it :-)

kinna54, Sep 28, 4:40am
I have bought it and it's gorgeous but expensive! Not in my budget these days.

jbsouthland, Sep 28, 4:56am
When on special we too buy .usually one of thebrands are reducedat our Supermarkets.yummy.

motorbo, Sep 28, 5:01am
fresh>! reminds me i have the best tomatoe soup recipe ever!

rainrain1, Sep 28, 5:05am
In a can!:-)

seniorbones, Sep 28, 5:33am
I have to confess I have bought tomatoe soup and added chopped bacon and served to guests and they thought I had made it, I think it was 'good taste' brand. My favourite just for me is the singles watties tins of creamy tomatoe 99%fat free and buy 1/2 doz when on special

rainrain1, Sep 28, 5:45am
Some of us can enjoy both

motorbo, Sep 28, 5:57am
well here is to people not getting ya message, i didnt know you could get watties fresh hence the question, as i actually love watties and would be great to try their fresh tomatoe soup, which i will look for next time im shopping. i was not meaning to or be rude, but hey you take offence fine i will ensure i do not ineract with you again.

lythande1, Sep 28, 6:21am
never. But I have a budget.

rainrain1, Sep 28, 6:48am
oh dear god this silly old message board eh.sorry but i didn't understand your post then>.if you don't want to interact with me again, I WILL survive

motorbo, Sep 28, 6:52am
cheers for the apology

so is it like the tinned soup but better! cos watties really do make tomatoe soup very well indeed

rainrain1, Sep 28, 6:56am
I'm still not following you.I was talking about watties tinned soup, so I don't really understand your question

motorbo, Sep 28, 6:58am
oh wopps lol total confusion ha ha i shall shutup now