allurs, Mar 24, 4:44am
Hi guys, im sure the title explained enuff lol
I've got a peice of cornbeef that weights 500g
how long and how should I cook this?
thanks

petal1955, Mar 24, 4:45am
about 45 mins simmer it... ... . otherwise with me tough as

cookessentials, Mar 24, 4:50am
would need alot longer than 45 minutes if you want a tender piece of corned beef. I use the crockpot on high for roughly 6 hours, then turn to low until ready to serve. I rinse it well, then pop it into the crockpot. I boil the jug and cover meat with the boiled water. I add a good dash or two of malt vinegar, a good tbsp soft brown sugar, a couple of bay leaves and a sprinkle of whole cloves ( around 6-8 of them)

245sam, Mar 24, 4:52am
allurs, how would your prefer to cook your corned beefi. e. stove-top or crockpot?
For many years now I have always used the crockpot to cook corned beef/silverside, and if that's what you intend to use you would need to cook your 500g piece for 3¼-3½ hours on Auto/Low or for 2 hours on High. Along with the meat I suggest that you add a chopped or sliced onion, a few black peppercorns, 2 tsp brown sugar, a small bay leaf (if you have it) and water to just cover the meatOR alternatively use 1 onion, halved and each half studded with 3 whole cloves, and ginger ale to cover the meat.

Hope that helps. :-))

margyr, Nov 30, 1:52am
i would cook it for at least 2 hours.