Recipe Highlander Condensed Milk Caramel Slice

benphil, Sep 25, 3:00am
x1
I have misplaced my label from the Highlander condensed milk tin for Caramel slice, does anyone have it!My tins this week are no help.thanks in advance.

eastie3, Sep 25, 3:22am
This is what I got from Google:

HighlanderCaramel Slice
Base
1 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of coconut
1 cup of brown sugar
125 g of butter (melted)
Filling
1 can of condensed milk
2 tbsp of golden syrup
1 tbsp of butter
Topping
200 g cooking chocolate, broken (dark chocolate is best)

Instructions
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm X 30cm sponge roll tin.
2.Prepare the base. Combine the flour, baking powder, coconut and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in butter*. Press into tin and bake in the preheated oven for 10 mins.
3.While the base is cooking, prepare the filling. Combine the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter into a small saucepan. Cook over a moderate heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Continue to cook, stirring for another 5 mins. Spread the base**. Return to oven for an extra 10 mins. Place on a rack to cool.
4.Prepare the topping. Place the chocolate in to a bowl. Bring a small quantity of water to the boil in a saucepan, remove from the heat an place the bowl of chocolate firmly on top. Stir while the chocolate melts. Spread over the filling. Chill until chocolate is set. Cut into slices using a warm knife.

tracyd27, Sep 25, 9:05am
x5
From the can
Base:
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C Brown sugar
1tsp baking powder
125g melted butter

Filling:
395g CAN condensed milk
2Tbsp Golden syrup
1Tbsp Butter

Topping:
200G Cooking chocolate (I use normal choc tho)
50G Butter

Heat oven to 180, grease base and sides of a 27cmtin
Prepare base by combining flour baking powder and brown sugar in a med bowl, pour in melted butter. Press mix into tin and bake 10-12min
Prepare filling- combine condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a pan. cook over low heat string constantly until boiling. cook for a further 5min always string, spread filling over base, then return to oven for a further 10min. Place on rack to cool
Prepare topping- Melt chocolate following packet directions stir in butter, keep string while the butter and choc melt. spread over filling, chill till set.

I LOVE this recipe but I cant have it anymore :-( but enjoy!

tracyd27, Sep 25, 9:07am
oops just what eastie3 wrote but mine doesn't have coconut. I really should read other posts first aye lol. oh well

natalie9, Sep 25, 9:18am
Buzzy would have the recipe on hand

mackenzie2, Sep 25, 10:15pm
Yay, this is the one I was after, it comes from the back of the Big Big tins and is soooo nice, thank you for finding it.

benphil, Sep 26, 8:09am
Thanks so much.I now have a happy household, they are not coconut fans so the recipe off the tin has to be the one I use.Thanks again.