Recipe to use up a cooked chicken

Page 1 / 2
1peanut, Sep 25, 3:44am
Please could someone give me something simple to use a cooked chicken

lx4000, Sep 25, 3:52am
quiche, chicken pasta salad, with a onion sauce and veggies to name a few. Chicken pie!

samboy, Sep 25, 3:56am
chicken patties

vixx11, Sep 25, 4:00am
udon noodle, chicken stock, leftover chicken soup (add peas corn and softened onion if you want)

gaspodetwd, Sep 25, 5:57am
Chicken teriyaki sushi or stir fry.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup.
Chicken and mushroom pie.

megy3, Sep 25, 6:21am
Homemade chicken and cranberry pizza! with cheese, onion and anything else you want to put on it. YUMMY! :-)

motorbo, Sep 25, 6:23am
tonight i had leftover cooked chicken with plain basmati rice and tamari drizzled over it .at room temp.delish snack or meal, can add veges but i had them in my soup instead

motorbo, Sep 25, 6:24am
chicken pie.make a white or cheese sauce and add what veges u want

toadfish, Sep 25, 6:39am
Fry up some onion, mushrooms if you have them and bacon, add your cooked chicken and then either:

A large dollop of pesto
or
A Mushroom soup mixed with just 1 cup of milk.

Stir through and serve this with pasta.

mickey_h, Sep 25, 7:05am
yumm guys sounds so great :P i want left over chicken to do these with haha

chooky, Sep 25, 8:17am
Chicken curry. Chicken rolls. Just put chicken in sandwich bread and roll up like an asparagus roll, nice for school lunches., entertainment.

kuaka, Sep 25, 8:21am
chicken rice risotto, or if you have some nice chicken breast left over, cut it into chunks and dip in batter and deep fry.It is yummy.Serve with chips and salad.

trudznz, Sep 25, 8:31am
Lately we've been getting the '2 for $21' deal on cooked chooks at countdown - usually when shopping late, just before dinner. We'll tear one up and have hot chicken burgers (add your fav fillings).The next night, I shred the other one and add a simmer sauce of butter chicken (usually whatever brand was on special that doesn't need other bits added) and have rice and tortillas with it.

motorbo, Sep 25, 8:40am
i dont think those chickens r nice or cheap

kiwigoldie, Sep 25, 8:43am
1 x cooked chook
Broccoli
1x pottle thickened cream
1 x can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
Curry powder (to your liking)
Grated cheese.

Break chicken up and place in dish
Cook broccoli and spread over chicken
In a bowl mix cream, can of soup and curry powder together
Pour over the chicken and broccoli
Grate cheese on top

Put in pre heated over on approx 180degrees
For approx 30-40 mins or until it has browned a little.
Serve with rice or veges.Enjoy

lythande1, Sep 25, 6:46pm
Fried rice
Chicken and mushroom cannelloni

kinna54, Sep 26, 12:30am
chicken chow mein. Simply shred the chicken add to cabbage and noodles, and steam together. Make surechicken is heated thru.

tommydog, Sep 30, 12:02am
This is a Ansley Harriot Recipe I make it all the time.

Chicken Broccoli Gratin.

75g Fresh Bread Crumbs
2-3 Sage Leaves finely chopped.
1 small white onion
25g butter
20g Flat leaf parsely
Melt the butter in a small frying pan and saute the onion for a few minutes then stir in the breadcrumbs and herbs and season to taste. Let it all come together for a couple of minutes you you this as your topping.Set aside.

450 g Broccoli cut into florets boil the jug and tip the broccoli into a saucepan and add the boiled water let it sit for a few minutes then drain off water set aside. (you can boil the broccoli a little if you like it softer)

Make a Bechamel sauce as follows:
450 ml milk
1 small onion cut into quarters
1 Bay Leaf
six peppercorns black
25g butter
25g plain flour
pinch of nutmeg
salt and freshly grated pepper.
1. Place the milk ina pan with the onion bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to scalding point (just before milk boils) then remove from heat cover and set aside to infuse for at least 10 minutes pef. 30 minutes. Then stain through a sieve into a jug.
While the milk is infusing. Pull apart your cooked chicken into bite sized pieces and pop it into a square shaped ceramic cooking dish.

2. Wipe out the same pan and melt the butter and add the flour best to use a whisk so it won go lumpy stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gradually pour in the infused milk, whisking until smooth after each addition. Season and add a pinch of nutmeg.

3. Bring sauce to the boil whisking constantly then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until smooth and thicken.

4. You can now add 150ml of chicken stock and 4 tablespoons of double cream or creme fraiche. ( I use sour cream as well if I don't have either of the other two). Bring to a simmer then cook for a few minutes stirring occasionally until you have achieved a thick pouring sauce.You should have about 600ml in total.Season to taste.

Combine the sauce with the chicken and mix through the broccoli and sprinkle the topping over the top.

Bake at 190 c for about 20 mins until bubbling and golden brown.Serves 4.

kulkkulbelle, Sep 30, 12:09am
Curried Chicken, Grape and Almond Salad

I large cooked chicken
1/3 C chopped spring onion
2 1/2 C red or green grapes, sliced in half
1-2 C sliced almonds
1 can pineapple chunks

Curry Dressing
1 C Mayo*
1 C Sour Cream*
Sugar ad salt to taste
1 - 2 Tbsp Curry Powder

sunshine78, Oct 1, 7:09am
Pull all the meat off the bones and bung it in a casserole dish with some fried onions and mushrooms if you like them.Grab a tin of apricots and pour juice into jug. Mix a pkt of mushroom or chicken soup in with juice then tip everything into dish over chicken. Heat for half hour then serve with rice.

uli, Oct 1, 7:29am
Take the bones out, arrange on a plate, add some salad and eat!

uli, Oct 2, 7:13am
AND how did THAT taste!

samboy, Oct 2, 7:58am
Chicken and Mushroom Fettucine

2 cups cooked chicken
250g mushrooms
1 pkt fresh fettucine
1 cup white wine
1 cup milk
1 pkt chicken soup
1 pkt mushroom soup
1 onion
2 cloves garilic minced
half cup cream if desired use sour cream

In a little butter or oil, gently fry onion and mushrooms.Mix the pkts of soup together with a little of the milk then put in a pot and heat up gradually adding more milk and the wine.Stir until thickened.Add more milk or wine so that it is not too thick.Cook the fettucine until soft in a large pot.Drain the fettucine and add the sauce and mushrooms to the pot when this is done.Then add the cooked shredded chicken and garlic.Put in a casserole and heat so that the chicken is fully heated through.Add some cream or sour cream just before you dish.If this looks too thick just keep adding more milk or wine to thin down.

uli, Oct 4, 6:01am
Looks like another of those threads where everybody tries to give good advice and poster #1 never comes back .

1peanut, Oct 8, 3:03am
Thanks everyone - I ended up shredding the chicken adding Bit on the Side Satay Sauce. Wrapped the mixure in filo parcels and cooked them in the oven and added a nice salad. Yum and easy