Question.whirpool methid of poaching eggs!

reese, Sep 23, 7:52am
Hi
ive never poached eggs before and have been reading about the whirpool method.my question is oncei have placed the egg into the spinning water.do i continue to sitr the water so it whirls!or do i put the egg in the water then stop the stiring!

poolgirl6, Sep 23, 9:25am
Check out you tube, you can see how it is done on there.

elliehen, Sep 23, 9:32am
This isn't the whirlpool method, but it works for me.I get the water to a boil, take it OFF the stove, break the eggs in gently (completely under water) and leave the pot off the heat until the eggs are cooked.Because the water is not bubbling around them, they keep a neat shape.

If you've got someone who likes the egg cooked a little longer, you can leave it in the water until it has set.

lyl_guy, Sep 23, 9:39am
I tried the whirlpool method many times. never worked, as the white just 'whirled' all over the place. EVEN when the eggs were as fresh as a few hours old.So now I make them very similar to ellie. my water is not bubbling, I turn it down till I can just see tiny bubbles, not breaking surface.The eggs keep their shape, and I just lift them up with slotted spoon to check when the white has set.

48bubbles, Sep 23, 2:42pm
This is the way I cook poached eggs, great poached eggs everytime! I put the eggs in the water 2mins later perfect runny poached eggs!

atlantis3, Sep 23, 5:13pm
crack egg into a bowl (cereal bowl works fine) and gently tip from the bowl into the hot water. This gives you more control than just cracking the egg into the water. A little Vinegar in the water also helps.

otterhound, Sep 24, 1:49am
As above - crack egg into bowl or something first.Once water has come to the boil,remove from heat and get the water swirling, stop stirring and gently drop egg into the middle of the whirlpool.I keep mine off the heat from then on, or at least make sure it's very low so the water doesn't boil again.Works every time for me.=)

eastie3, Sep 24, 4:05am
I cook mine this way.

wheelz, Sep 24, 7:26am
Whirlpool is a bit hard when you want to cook 6 eggs at a time. who wants only one!!

48bubbles, Sep 24, 7:33am
I agree thats why I don't use the whirlpool method anymore and just do the drop and cook method as I can poach more then 1 egg at a time!