The Un-Authentic Recipe Thread

Page 1 / 14
sossie1, Sep 20, 2:15am
I PUT SOUR CREAM IN MY GWOCKAMOLY!

and i spelt it wrong on purpose.

Cmon, lets put our unauthentic, i didn't eat it in a shepherds hut in Afghanistan-I bought it at Pac-n-Save instead, recipes here.

fisher, Sep 20, 2:44am
I dont have any.:}
ALL mine are EXACTLY as per the recipe.
I've never experimented by changing ingredients in my life.
The purists would have a field day if I did, especially if I called it something else.:}

sossie1, Sep 20, 3:02am
send fisher a halo by express courier

davidt4, Sep 20, 3:11am
Or a crowbar to get his tongue out of his cheek.

sossie1, Sep 20, 3:22am
i did get that it was tongue in cheek.

Tongue in Cheek!is that a meal! (wanders off to the pac-n-save deli counter)

mazzy1, Sep 20, 3:25am
You guys are going to get in so much trouble, you know that, don't you.

sossie1, Sep 20, 3:45am
no, cos it's the un-authentic thread, we are proud of our bastardized recipes.
I have even been know to use the wrong type of flour.

cmon peeps, tell us your cheats for yummy grub, I for one am interested.

lx4000, Sep 20, 4:02am
i put grated carrot in my spag bol ! hehehehe and my son couldn't get it to taste as good as mine. He nearly died when he saw me add it as he Hates Cooked carrot!hehehehe

sossie1, Sep 20, 4:04am
good for you!
i had a boyfriend who hated courgettes. even tho he had never eaten them.

I sliced them, cooked them, and called them "flat peas" and he ate the lot. Then I told him what I had done, and he said he still hated them

alewis, Sep 20, 4:08am
I use up all my bits of tomato sauce or half jars of pasta sauceinto mince casseroles I put a bit of water inside slosh and then sqirt into mixture never the same taste twice!

lol I used to put grated carrot and courgettes into mince as the kids didnt go "greens" they caught me one day but that lasted a while.

hezwez, Sep 20, 4:09am
I thicken sloppy hot fruit with custard powder before putting the crumble topping on.
Edited to add.and freeze left over bean/chick pea casseroles, blend them when thawed and make burgers with added semolina or breadcrumbs (and anything in the fridge clean out)

alewis, Sep 20, 4:10am
also adding to say - if you have nothing but un-pleasant to add to this thread - DON'T post! lets keep this a nice experience for EVERYONE

sossie1, Sep 20, 4:10am
Now THAT"S a good idea

hestia, Sep 20, 4:10am
Last night I made a rissotto, and I didn't put any wine in it. We are not wine drinkers - there is no wine in the house. I don't see the need to buy a bottle of wine just for a dish that I make occasionally. I made a wine-less rissotto and nobody whined about it.

sossie1, Sep 20, 4:12am
call it a rissottout

evorotorua, Sep 20, 4:29am
Hi my name is Erica and I don't always cook by the book.

evorotorua, Sep 20, 4:30am
Sometimes, I don't even use a book. Sometimes I put a whole heap of leftovers onto some flattened dough without yeast and call it a pizza.

sossie1, Sep 20, 4:32am
you baaaaad baaaaaaad girl lol

evorotorua, Sep 20, 4:32am
Sometimes those leftovers include kumera which isn't even Italian and I still call it pizza. AND sometimes I don't spell stuff right. Am I to be chastised!

daleaway, Sep 20, 5:27am
Only if you make yeast pizza dough and not the genuine scone base that we true impurists use.

samanya, Sep 20, 6:18am
& as long as the yeast is home made & isn't some of that store bought stuff .I confess I buy mine. ;o)

elliehen, Sep 20, 6:20am
fisher, share your secrets. how do you manage to stay under the radar of the purist vampires!

Your tasty Horseradish Sauce completely escaped their scrutiny!

elliehen, Sep 20, 6:32am
I make a Black Forest Gâteau Trifle.

eastie3, Sep 20, 6:36am
My dear old Dad,a life long hater of celery always had second helpings of my kumara and celery soup(a Digby Law recipe).He never asked and I never told him what was in it,my mother used to get all lemon-lipped over that as she could never slip any celery past him.
I love this thread!

elliehen, Sep 20, 6:38am
I'm realising that it's the first thread I've ever felt really 'safe' in ;)