Breadmaker!

obsidianwings, Sep 13, 8:00pm
My brwad made in breadmaker always tastes nice, but seems quite dense, even more so the next day, I have done a bit of googling, should i be using instant yeast! Right now I use the edmonds red top stuff. Thanks

camper18, Sep 13, 9:32pm
Throw out the red lid yeast and get some Active Dried yeast from Binn Inn and their Bead Improver, 2tsp yeast +1tsp improver. Have never had a failure since I used this. And it keeps for three days easy.

pickles7, Sep 13, 9:57pm
I have not had a problem, since using bread improver, It worked even with the "sure to rise yeast" I now just do like.camper18.use the yeast, without additives, and bread improver. I do feel an extra Tbsp of water helps, I do this if my bread maker is struggling at all.

kinna54, Sep 14, 11:00am
If your bread is dense, try changing the recipe to a french style loaf, it is lighter and crustier. Bread made with milk powder stays fresher longer, but no bread maker bread really keeps for a few days,no matter what the recipe. we just use the French recipe, slice when cool and freeze, then remove a few slices as needed,
30secsin the microwave on defrost and you have beautiful fresh bread.

korbo, Sep 14, 7:00pm
I have made bread in the breadmaker for over 10yrs now, and have never had a loaf go stale or mouldy. A loaf usually lasts us (2p) for 3-4 days. I just keep mine in a plastic bag, and seems fresh right to the last crust.

klc1, Sep 15, 7:03am
I wrap mine in a tea towel and store in the bread bin, lasts for about 3 days.