arl5, Sep 13, 7:50pm
x1
150 gram butter soft
150 caster sugar
2 cups self raising flour
vanilla and squeezed lemon . around 30ml
2 eggs
chuck the lot in to a bowl and beat with electric beater till fluffy
place in to a cake tim greesed or spray oiled ( no need to line)
bake 20 -25 min
ice with lemon icing

1 cup icing sugar
squeeze of lemon and zest
half cup creme cheese
mix well with fork
spread on cake

cookessentials, Sep 14, 12:09am
Thanks arl5, always nice to get some new recipes. We have a "cakes" thread if you want to pop it on there too.

spot20, Sep 14, 4:03am
Yum I will try this recipe after having two failures with my last two lemon yogurt cakes, supposedly foolproof! Presume it bakes at 180!

wildflower, Sep 14, 4:22am
Sounds great.I made lemon muffins last week and stuck a blob of curd in the middle and lemon icing on top, so nice and tangy.

elliehen, Sep 14, 8:23am
This is a quick and easy version of a syrupy, lemony cake.

LEMON MADEIRA CAKE
Cream 225g butter (yes, a lot!) with 3/4 cup sugar
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
Add grated rind of one lemon & 1 Tblsp lemon juice
Add 1 heaped cup self-raising flour
Bake in medium-sized ring tin at 180* for 35 minutes
Remove from oven. While cake is still hot, pour over the juice of one lemon combined with 1/4 cup sugar.

Could be baked in a 20cm square tin.

heundiwu, Jul 13, 2:11am
Wow. That's a tough one, Jamie. I have never baked anything with maargrine, so I have absolutely no experience. Certainly it is the same consistency at least for creaming with the sugar for the cake part, so it might work (not sure how it will affect taste/texture though). As for the toffee sauce, I can't imagine it's anywhere near as good with maargrine. Honestly, I think it would be disappointing with maargrine but if that's all you've got and you have to make it, give it a go. Let me know how it turns out if you try it.

h60zv4ii, Jul 14, 9:20am
.edu links are generally a lot more eefictfve authority backlinks to your site.These one way links usually are highly searched by lots of online marketers all over the world because it's getting a lot more recognition and power compared to other typical backlinks.Edu domain names are considered extremely by search engines and inbound links coming from .edu internet domain names are usually many times much more beneficial than typical types.But precisely what about Edu's? No person can acquire edu domains except of academic establishments. And that's the reason why they have the biggest trust from Yahoo.Google thinks that EDU website can never link back to a web site using low-informational content or even content this is not worth Google's interest. Maybe someone will certainly declare that any person will be able to get edu inbound links simply by signing up edu website, but that is certainly incorrect. Due to the fact no one can buy edu site apart from of educational facilities.To confirm you may easily try and sign-up edu url. Get edu links from www.buy-edu-backlinks.info at low price ranges.

kuz1zklx6m4, Jul 16, 9:15am
Thanks for sharing these great exmplaes from your visits to these libraries. I love the "respect yourself, respect others, respect the space" sign. I think that is much more encouraging to the heart than a sign with a long list of rules. I also LOVE the media lab!