Your best cookie recipes please.

korban, Sep 13, 3:56am
The kids are sick of gingernuts in the lunch box.I need some new ideas please.Prefer no nuts (we don't like nuts here).

Many thanks.

tickandnans, Sep 13, 4:02am
chocolate chippies
8 0z butter
4 Tbs condensed milk
4Tbs sugar
cream that stuff then add chocolate chips as many as you like i put half a bag in my mix then add 2 cups of flour and 2 tsp baking powder mix if too sticky add more flour not to much tho.Roll and flatten on a tray cook till golden on about 180.

leogal1, Sep 13, 4:10am
Oooh I made chewy choc chip cookies this morning that my little boy LOVES!
Here's the recipe:
1C flour
1/4t baking soda
1/4t salt
85g butter
1/2C packed brown sugar
1/4C white sugar
1/2 T vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1C chocolate chips (I use dark choc drops)
Preheat oven to 165 degrees.Grease baking tray or line with baking paper.
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.In a medium bowl mix melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.Add sifted ingredients until just blended.Stir in chocolate chips.Put in fridge for 15 mins or more.Spoon tablespoonfuls on baking tray.(Cookies shld be 8 cm apart as they spread when baking).Take out after 10 - 15 minutes.Delish hot and still yummy cold. Makes about 12 large cookies

korban, Sep 14, 3:56am
The kids are sick of gingernuts in the lunch box.I need some new ideas please.Prefer no nuts (we don't like nuts here).

Many thanks.

leogal1, Sep 14, 4:10am
Oooh I made chewy choc chip cookies this morning that my little boy LOVES!
Here's the recipe:
1C flour
1/4t baking soda
1/4t salt
85g butter
1/2C packed brown sugar
1/4C white sugar
1/2 T vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1C chocolate chips (I use dark choc drops)
Preheat oven to 165 degrees.Grease baking tray or line with baking paper.
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.In a medium bowl mix melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.Add sifted ingredients until just blended.Stir in chocolate chips.Put in fridge for 15 mins or more.Spoon tablespoonfuls on baking tray.(Cookies shld be 8 cm apart as they spread when baking).Take out after 10 - 15 minutes.Delish hot and still yummy cold. Makes about 12 large cookies