Banana Cake Recipe appreciated :0)

Page 1 / 2
sarahb5, Mar 18, 5:22am
Does anyone know what size cake this would make - I'm home alone this evening so thought I'd get my apron on but just want an idea what size tin to grease before I start.Thanks!

zuggle, Mar 18, 5:30am
I use this one every time, except instead of putting into two sponge tins, I pour into one ring tin. Makes a good size cake and cooked perfectly 45mins at 175C. I use really ripe bananas, too.

sarahb5, Mar 18, 5:56am
Thanks for that - will make it tonight

rozke, Mar 18, 11:33am
tarshlove that is the only cake mixture l make now has better flavour than the other banana cake.

pigletnz25, Mar 18, 8:37pm
tarshlove wrote:
This is the best one I've ever ever had and made. Everyone who has had it loves it. I got it off here a yr or so ago.

Banana Cake
Best banana cake recipe ever for Trade Me recipe users.
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,
then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and
3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all,
then add 2 cups white flour
1.5 tsp of both baking powder and baking soda.
Beat till nice and smooth. bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy.

This is the best ever, I have made this ever since it was first posted, and put cream cheese icing on sometimes, so yummo

sarahb5, Mar 18, 11:30pm
The proof will be in the eating - I made it last night, took a lot longer to cook than it said though so hope it's OK - feels a bit heavy.Iced with lemon icing but hopefully the kids like it or give it away to their friends at school!

tarshlove, Mar 19, 4:01am
Which recipe did you use in the end!

sarahb5, Mar 19, 4:57am
The sour cream one - will wait and see what the boys think - they're the ones eating it!

emzstrange, Mar 19, 5:57am
I still find anything on the chelsea sugar website with a star rating of 5 as pretty darn good. Have got some great recipies off here

mackenzie2, Mar 19, 7:21pm
Thrilled that so many of you are using my sour cream banana cake, After 12 years it is still a firm favourite in my house to, I always have over ripened bananas in my freezer. A tip if you dont have sour cream, I have used thick yougurt, and it has been successful to. Happy baking

sarahb5, Mar 19, 8:15pm
I always have bananas leftover from going to and from school, and kids won't eat them with any black on the outside!I had to substitute with some yoghurt when I made the cake on Saturday - didn't have as much sour cream as I thought

leray1, Sep 11, 9:30pm
Hi,does anyone have a good banana cake recipe! I have NEVER baked one before.in this later stage of my life i would like to try (so-to-speak) my hand at baking.something 'foolproof' would be appreciated :)

lx4000, Sep 11, 9:47pm
look to the left and use the search. Plenty there to choose from:)
Let us know how it goes!

245sam, Sep 11, 9:51pm
leray1, are you wanting a recipe that is made by the traditional buttercake method (cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg, etc.) or a melt and mix recipe!You'll find tried and tested recipes for both here on this Trademe MB by doing a search using Banana Cake as the Keywords andLast Year as the Date posted option.
I usually opt for the following well-tried and tested (and enjoyed) loaf recipe that is so cake-like that it could just as easily be called a Cake.It’s also good if cut into serving-sized portions, placed in dessert bowls, topped with either vanilla or chocolate custard and then warmed through in the microwave and served as a dessert.It freezes really well too.

BANANA LOAF
115g butter
1 cup sugar
1-2 eggs, beaten (I always use 2)
1½ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
4 tbsp (¼ cup) milk
1 tsp baking soda
2 bananas, mashed

Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and mix well. Add the flour and baking powder, and mix very briefly.
Bring the milk just to the boil (easiest done in a coffee mug in the microwave), then add in and stir the baking soda to dissolve it. Add the frothy mixture to the loaf mixture and stir it in. Lastly stir in the bananas. Put the mixture into a greased and base baking-paper lined loaf tin.
Bake at 180°C for about 1 hour.

Hope that helps.:-))

kinna54, Sep 12, 3:21am
Use the Edmonds one, still the best, Secret is to add extra banana, I always use 3-4 and straight from the freezer, well mashed. Monitor your cooking time and oven well, err on the side of under cooking, keep testing the middle with a cake skewer in the last6mins towards the end of the recommended cookingtime.

haulier, Sep 12, 3:26am
use the search on the left and type in whizz banana cake.I made this last week and it is so easy.A lovely moist cake

harrislucinda, Sep 12, 3:26am
ihavepostedthisbeforesoeasy1cupcastersugar
1/1/2cupsselfraising flour1cupmashedbanana
1tspvanillaess1/2cupcoconut1/2cupcoconutcreamormilk
2eggslightlybeaten125grmmeltedbutter
putallingredinbowlmixwithmeltedbutterbakeabout1hr

lynnea1, Sep 12, 3:34am
Made this yesterday.It turned out lovely.
Cook time: 1 hour (less for smaller cakes)
Makes: 1 large cake, 4 small cakes or 12 muffin-sized cakes
* 250g butter, softened
* 1½ cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 tsp natural vanilla essence
* 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 2 cups)
* 2 tsp baking soda
* ½ cup hot milk
* 3 cups flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
Lemon icing:
* 50g butter, softened
* 3 tbsp lemon juice
* 3 cups icing sugar
Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 23cm round cake tin with baking paper or prepare 4 x 10cm tins (recycled large 425g tuna cans are perfect) or 12 muffin tins.
Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla then bananas. Dissolve baking soda in hot milk and add to mixture. Sift over flour and baking powder and fold in.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin(s) and smooth top. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean and the top is springy to the touch. One large cake will take 50-60 minutes, allow 45-55 minutes for 4 medium cakes and about 20 minutes for muffin-sized

leray1, Sep 12, 8:07am
Thanks everyone! Your all fabulous :)

leray1, Sep 12, 9:30pm
Hi,does anyone have a good banana cake recipe! I have NEVER baked one before.in this later stage of my life i would like to try (so-to-speak) my hand at baking.something 'foolproof' would be appreciated :)

245sam, Sep 12, 9:51pm
leray1, are you wanting a recipe that is made by the traditional buttercake method (cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg, etc.) or a melt and mix recipe!You'll find tried and tested recipes for both here on this Trademe MB by doing a search using Banana Cake as the Keywords andLast Year as the Date posted option.
I usually opt for the following well-tried and tested (and enjoyed) loaf recipe that is so cake-like that it could just as easily be called a Cake.It’s also good if cut into serving-sized portions, placed in dessert bowls, topped with either vanilla or chocolate custard and then warmed through in the microwave and served as a dessert.It freezes really well too.

BANANA LOAF
115g butter
1 cup sugar
1-2 eggs, beaten (I always use 2)
1½ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
4 tbsp (¼ cup) milk
1 tsp baking soda
2 bananas, mashed

Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and mix well. Add the flour and baking powder, and mix very briefly.
Bring the milk just to the boil (easiest done in a coffee mug in the microwave), then add in and stir the baking soda to dissolve it. Add the frothy mixture to the loaf mixture and stir it in. Lastly stir in the bananas. Put the mixture into a greased and base baking-paper lined loaf tin.
Bake at 180°C for about 1 hour.

Hope that helps.:-))

tarshlove, Sep 13, 2:55am
This is the best one I've ever ever had and made. Everyone who has had it loves it. I got it off here a yr or so ago.

Banana Cake
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,
Beat till nice and smooth. bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy.

lx4000, Sep 13, 3:06am
Butterless Banana Cake :

1.5 cups of plain flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 cup of sugar

Sift into large bowl, then add :

2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup oil (I use Olys or Rice Bran)
3 mashed bananas

Mix and pour into a lined cake tin. Bake at 150 C for 1 hour.
15 Prep time - and it's lovely! Ice with icing of your choice.

Just made this one for the 1st time and will do so again. Just add more banana!

tarshlove, Sep 14, 2:55am

Banana Cake
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,

lx4000, Sep 14, 3:06am
Butterless Banana Cake :

1.5 cups of plain flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 cup of sugar

Sift into large bowl, then add :

2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup oil (I use Olys or Rice Bran)
3 mashed bananas

Mix and pour into a lined cake tin. Bake at 150 C for 1 hour.
15 Prep time - and it's lovely! Ice with icing of your choice.

Just made this one for the 1st time and will do so again. Just add more banana!