Alison Holst spice apple puree

beewee, Sep 10, 11:19pm
Can anyone please give me the recipe from her new slow cooker book

calista, Sep 11, 7:47am
Spray the bowl of the cooker with non-stick spray.

Quarter 1kg apples, cut out the core, then slice each1/4 lengthwise in half, then crosswise to make 16 pieces per apple.Put in cooker and turn on high.

Zest then juice an orange. Sprinkle both over the apple. Don't add any other liquid. Add 2 whole cinnamon sticks (and an optional vanilla pod).

Cover and cook on high for 4 hrs.

When cooked remove the cinnamon sticks (and vanilla pod if you used it).

Tip the apple mixture into a food processor with 1/4cup sugar and process until smooth, then taste.Add more sugar if necessary.

Any leftover puree can be stored in a lidded container in the fridge for 3-4 days.

Yum - might just do it myself, but I think I'd start with less sugar.

calista, Sep 12, 7:47am
Spray the bowl of the cooker with non-stick spray.

Quarter 1kg apples, cut out the core, then slice each1/4 lengthwise in half, then crosswise to make 16 pieces per apple.Put in cooker and turn on high.

Zest then juice an orange. Sprinkle both over the apple. Don't add any other liquid. Add 2 whole cinnamon sticks (and an optional vanilla pod).

Cover and cook on high for 4 hrs.

When cooked remove the cinnamon sticks (and vanilla pod if you used it).

Tip the apple mixture into a food processor with 1/4cup sugar and process until smooth, then taste.Add more sugar if necessary.

Any leftover puree can be stored in a lidded container in the fridge for 3-4 days.

Yum - might just do it myself, but I think I'd start with less sugar.