Recipe for Chicken Thighs please

melford, Sep 7, 7:15am
or a good marinade so they can be baked

jaydan1, Sep 7, 7:38am
Garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, splash white wine, sprinkle cayenne pepper, salt . I usually just throw my marinades together tasting as I go. Do you like Indian! You could always make a nice tandori marinade and serve with a yoghurt dressing and a side salad.

melford, Sep 7, 9:12am
thank you for that and yes I do like Indian, do you have a recipe for it please. What else can i use in the place of wine as I don't drink it and would prefer not to have to buy any.

tarshlove, Sep 8, 12:04am
Five Spice Chicken
Good for in the crock pot or make in the morning and bake at night

Ingredients
* 2 Cloves garlic crushed
* 2 tbl Soy sauce
* 2 tb Oil
* 3/4 tsp Five spices or chili pwder or both
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1 ts Brown Sugar or Honey
* 1/2 tsp Pepper

Preparation
1. Mince garlic then combine with remaining ingredients, blending well.
2. Poor over chicken cook for at 180deg for 45mins or until cooked.

Note: You can add 3/4 tsp Hoisin sauce if you want.
This is a family fav, we use it on chicken nibbles and pieces NOM NOM

Another similar one we use is

1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbl hoisin sauce
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
above is to 1 kg of chicken

sarahb5, Sep 8, 12:51am
I have a very lazy way of cooking chicken thighs but they come out very tasty - spray with olive oil, sprinkle generously with one of the Diron (sp) coatings and some peri peri, tuscan or cajun seasoning and bake for about 45 mins to an hour depending on how many/how big - quick, easy and tasty

pickles7, Sep 8, 3:46am
Chicken piece's
mmm this is so yummy soak your chicken in this.1 liter of water 1 Tablespoon of salt 1/8Th cup of light brown sugar 1 clove of crushed garlic a little rosemary, I soaked mine from frozen for 6 hours, then roasted them in the oven. dry before putting in the oven use a little bit of oil in the pan.

melford, Sep 8, 9:12am
thank you for that and yes I do like Indian, do you have a recipe for it please. What else can i use in the place of wine as I don't drink it and would prefer not to have to buy any.

pickles7, Sep 9, 3:46am
Chicken piece's
mmm this is so yummy soak your chicken in this.1 liter of water 1 Tablespoon of salt 1/8Th cup of light brown sugar 1 clove of crushed garlic a little rosemary, I soaked mine from frozen for 6 hours, then roasted them in the oven. dry before putting in the oven use a little bit of oil in the pan.

vtired, Sep 9, 4:05am
Heat oven to 200, oil chicken thighs and add coarse fresh ground black pepper (no Salt), cook turning halfway for 20 mins then add 5tblsps dark soy sauce, 5 tblsps cider vinegar, 1 heaped tblsp tom paste, 1 heaped tsp ground ginger, 1 tblsp light brown sugar and a large clove garlic crushed-(mix these together then pour over chicken) cook further 20-25 mins, absolutley scrumptious. You can do this with pork strips but cook 30 mins each time and at top of oven.

breena, Sep 11, 8:54am
My brother and sister in law are health freaks and they often eat this for their dinner

Cut pieces of tinfoil into A5 sized squares.One for each person.
Lay one chicken thigh laid open
Spread 1tsp crushed garlic over top
Add sliced tomato and onion
Drizzle lemon juice and pickle over the top
Grind salt and black pepper to taste
Place another chicken thigh on top(thats also has 1tsp crushed garlic spread over)
Salt and pepper again
Wrap tin foil and bake in the oven at 180 for 40 minutes.

Serve with mashed potato, mashed sweet potato, and greens.

leebee35, Sep 11, 10:46am
Chicken BasqueServes 5 or 6 people

10 chicken thighs skin off bone in.
5 sundried tomatoes cut in half (I added more – yum)
2 capsicums cut 2cm
1 large onion diced
2 chorizo sausages sliced not too thick
2 large tablespoons tomato paste – very important – however I had to use a can of tomatoes once which makes it moister and you need to cook a bit longer
1 teaspoon sugar
1 large teaspoon paprika (La Chinata the best)
Handful of olives of your choice – optional
1 ½ cups of rice …white long rice – basmati and jasmine don’t hold shape
200 ml white wine – optional - but add equivalent amount in chicken stock
500 ml chicken stock
1 orange or lemon but optional
Bunch of Italian parsley

Season chicken joints well.Sauté chicken in olive oil until they are nicely browned this is important or they look a bit grey at the end.Set them aside.

Add more oil to pan if necessary.Sauté onion and garlic, when glossy add paprika, chorizo, sundried tomatoes, olives and capsicum.Sauté together for about 3-5 minutes.

Add rice and gently stir until it is coated with the mixture.Add wine, stock and tomato paste and the teaspoon of sugar.Stir through and heat until a simmer.Take off heat, lay chicken pieces on top keeping the rice down in the liquid.Place orange segments on top (I used lemon).Put into oven or on lowest setting 1 or 2 on stove top for about 40 minutes.Do not lift lid until time is up or the rice will not cook! – (lies but still best not to lift lid).If rice is tender it is ready otherwise cook a little longer.Usually 40 minutes will do it.Sprinkle with chopped parsley/Italian not curly leaf/English as this tastes like grass clippings.

illusion_, Sep 12, 3:38am
and possibly the easiest of the lot .Place chicken portions (skin and bone left on) on a sheet of baking paper in a shallow oven dish. Liberally sprinkle and pat onto both sides some "Classic Roast Seasoning" (Greggs) from the spices rack in your supermarket. Place in a 180C oven for 50 min to 1hr, turning 3 times as you cook them.
Serve with whatever you like.

Excluding the cooking time the actual work takes about 2minutes max.

melford, Sep 12, 7:06am
hey this has turned out to be a great thread, thanks people. I'll certainly be trying all these recipes

theanimal1, Sep 13, 3:22am
Sticky Chicken Sauce

Leave overnight in fridge for best results
In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar. 1/4 cup dark soy sauce. 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce. 1/4 cup water.
Grated fresh ginger and garlic to taste.
Method:.
Pour over chicken wings or pieces and leave to marinate.
Bake at 150c for about 1-1 1/2 hrs. Baste and turn often.
Roll in pre~roasted sesame seeds.

indy95, Sep 13, 5:38am
This is easy and a little different.

Honey and Lime Spiced Chicken

8 chicken thighs boned or not as you prefer
Juice of 2 or 3 limes and some grated rind
1/2 - 1 t black pepper
Pinch of cayenne
1 -2 T honey
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 t garam masala
2 T oil

Put chicken in a shallow baking dish in one layer. add remaining ingredients. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours turning chicken pieces occasionally.
Bake in a moderate oven turning halfway through and brushing over marinade two or three times until golden brown.

eastie3, Sep 13, 6:53am
This is our new favourite dinner since I discovered pomegranate balsamic vinegar.

Skin the chicken thighs (bone in),pat dry and add the zest of a lemon,pressing it onto the skin.Dust lightly with seasoned flour,shaking off any excess.Saute over a moderately high heat until browned on both sides.I use a mixture of avocado oil or rice bran oil and butter.Transfer to a roasting tin,squeeze the juice of a lemon over the chicken and add a little water,just enough to barely cover the base of the dish.Cover with tin foil and fan bake at 180C until the juices run clear.Remove the foil and let the chicken crisp up in the oven for a few minutes.When removed from the oven and drained of any water,I pour over a vinaigrette made using pomegranate balsamic vinegar ,and rest for a few moments,in a warm place.I usually parboil orange kumara(Beauregarde) and potatoes and cook in the same dish.Serve with a mixed leaf salad with avocado chunks and plenty of fresh herbs like flat leaf parsley,basil and mint.

The meat just melts in your mouth in a lovely sweet/sour/tangy sauce and the roasted veges arecrispy while the avocado in the salad gives a good textural counterpoint.I usually cook for two people so one lemon is sufficient for the zest and juice.

melford, Sep 13, 7:06am
hey this has turned out to be a great thread, thanks people. I'll certainly be trying all these recipes