Tupperware jel ring is it microwave proof!

purplegoanna, Sep 6, 12:26am
i just got one for free but unless i cant make microwave cakes in it i doubt ill use it.

sarahb5, Sep 6, 12:31am
No I don't think it is but there are heaps of things you can make in it that don't need any cooking and some that do - pizza is great if you have kids, but check out the website because there are recipes on there

buzzy110, Sep 6, 5:15am
How do you make a pizza, let alone an uncooked pizza, in a plastic jelly mould!

clint72, Sep 6, 5:31am
Pizza
This is done similar to the club sandwich, with 1 loaf of Multi Grain Restaurant Bread with the crusts cut off. First take the Jel Ring and
Place in mold middle seal. Line with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Take a piece of bread and place it over the cheese making sure that the
bread is at the top of the Jel ring that is closest to your body, (you will note the bread only just touches the middle seal. Do this all the
way around overlapping the bread so you see no ring. Coat with tomato paste and then place in some chopped ham and onion. Cut
bread in half and place over the top (2 pieces) as long as they touch. In to next layer place a little grated cheese and chopped mushrooms
and capsicum and cover with 1/2 slices of bread again. Next layer a little grated cheese chopped salami and pineapple. Next
layer more cheese, ham and onion, keep layering up till you have only about 6 slices of bread left and you will find either you have done
4 or 5 layers. To finish top with full slices of bread overlapping again so your filling does not fall out. Tuck in like your making a bed.
Place on seal make your Rocky Road for them to have with their coffee. Then turn out pizza onto a greased tray. Cook in Mod oven 200o
till golden and cut with serrated knife.

clint72, Sep 6, 5:32am
found this after wondering the same thing about making pizza in it.I have one of these in my cupboard and have never used it but can see the kids enjoying this one!

buzzy110, Sep 6, 5:44am
Thanks clint. You learn something new every day. I think that the name pizza is a misnomer. It looks more like a baked club sandwich thingee.

sarahb5, Sep 6, 8:57pm
But it tastes like pizza, apart from the sliced bread instead of the usual pizza crust, and we put all the same thing in it that I would normally put on a pizza.Very easy for the kids to make as well.

I also make an unbaked cake.You need a filled chocolate swiss roll, a can of boysenberries or similar fruit, and a pottle of cream.Slice the swiss roll thinly and lay overlapping slices in the base.Whip the cream and put a layer on top of the swiss roll.Then add the drained boysenberries and some of the juice.Then another layer of cream and finish with an overlapped layer of swiss roll.Pour the rest of the juice over the top.You can also put grated chocolate in between the layers.Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.Take the lid off and put a plate over the "bottom" of the cake.Turn it over and remove the centre - the cake will slide down onto the plate.Easy and yummy.