Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks. Recipe to share

toadfish, Feb 8, 4:34am
Bump forsticky chicken

vonkrum, Feb 9, 12:57am
How many drumsticks is this mixture for!Sounds yummy.

toadfish, Sep 5, 6:14pm
I found this on a Sophie Gray blog and adapted it and tried it yesterday, and it was lovely. This week Mad Butcher has Chicken drums on special so I plan to skin them, add the sauce and freeze in meal portions.So that I just need to take the bag out of the freezer the night before and turn the crockpot on in the morning.I exercise 3 mornings a week and don't have the time on those mornings to fiddle with a crockpot.

Sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce,
1 tbsp white vinegar,
1 tsp soy sauce,
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar and
1 tbsp Berry jam - (Sophie said Apricot which I didn't have)
Thats it, just enough to coat everything

I just mixed all of the above together and poured it over and mixed it aroung the skinned chicken drums.
It produces lots of liquids and this can be thickened with cornflour.
Very nice with rice and great for those likeme that can be short of time.

(This is what Sophie did - Browned whole chook in frying pan then put in slow cooker, slathered on sauce and cooked on high about 5 hours - 5 hour cooking it not an option for me as I switch it on aas I leave and it cooks for 10 hours)

toadfish, Sep 6, 6:14pm
x1
I found this on a Sophie Gray blog and adapted it and tried it yesterday, and it was lovely. This week Mad Butcher has Chicken drums on special so I plan to skin them, add the sauce and freeze in meal portions.So that I just need to take the bag out of the freezer the night before and turn the crockpot on in the morning.I exercise 3 mornings a week and don't have the time on those mornings to fiddle with a crockpot.

Sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce,
1 tbsp white vinegar,
1 tsp soy sauce,
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar and
1 tbsp Berry jam - (Sophie said Apricot which I didn't have)
Thats it, just enough to coat everything

I just mixed all of the above together and poured it over and mixed it aroung the skinned chicken drums.
It produces lots of liquids and this can be thickened with cornflour.
Very nice with rice and great for those likeme that can be short of time.

(This is what Sophie did - Browned whole chook in frying pan then put in slow cooker, slathered on sauce and cooked on high about 5 hours - 5 hour cooking it not an option for me as I switch it on aas I leave and it cooks for 10 hours)

toadfish, Sep 27, 5:51pm
And again. made with Thighs from the Mad Butcher. skinned.This will be the third time I cooked it since discovering it. Tonight, just pop the rice cooker on, then the brocolli.nom nom nom. no fuss dinner.

eldubb, Sep 28, 10:00pm
Yep, I have done this a couple of times too. I used cranberry jelly instead of jam, lovely! Thanks for sharing.

tokokkk, Mar 7, 10:34pm
bump just wondering how many drumsticks were in the above recipe. Thanks.

tokokkk, Mar 8, 2:29am
bumping again just in case someone knows failing that ill just guess.

pink-dragon, Mar 9, 12:20am
Have just asked the question in one of toadfish auctions so hopefully they will come back with an answer

toadfish, Mar 9, 5:56am
Evening all. From Memory I used about 12 Drumsticks, but you could use more as there was plenty of sauce :)

shellz213, Mar 9, 6:00am
Oh yum that sounds delish and so easy as well . I was planning on having chicken for dinner tomorrow night so might give this a go.I don't really like drums so will just use chicken breasts.

lindylambchops1, Mar 9, 8:56am
Mmmmmm.sounds yum, thanks for sharing!

toadfish, Mar 9, 5:46pm
Breasts I think will be a little drier, so maybe keep them whole and slice for serving.
I use 2 great McCormick satchets for Chicken in the Crockpot.
1.Mild Chicken Curry (not that mild actually), this is lovely as it has a tin of coconut milk and potatoes in it.
2. Chicken and Bacon Potatoe Bake.You layer the bottom with slice potatoes, brown the chicken and bacon, add the satchet and then place on top.

My hubbie isn't a big crockpot fan, but understands that I work a 40hr week and its a good option for me (unless he wants to take overthe cooking lol).I would say his order of preference is, the potatoe bake followed by the curry, followed by sticky chicken.

My daughters are great and cook most nights, but when they are busy its often crockpot or a Lasagne, cottage pie or chilli con carne that I have made and frozen.I often make a double batch of things on the weekend, find it quite relaxing. this morning I am making 2 x cottage pies for the freezer.

banana24, Sep 26, 8:02pm
I am trying this one tonight with a whole chicken. Thanks