Pork corned silverside.

jaydan1, Sep 3, 4:37am
Can anyone tell the best way to cook this in the crockpot! I have cooked many a Corned Beef before, but never a pork one. Would it just be the same.fill with water, add a lil vinegar and golden syrup etc! Doesn't sound like it would go very nice with Pork. Thanks for your help.

margyr, Sep 3, 4:40am
x1
pickled pork! if yes then yes just the same as corned beef, but when I do mine in the slow cooker I only put about an inch or 2 of water, dont cover it with water.

jaydan1, Sep 3, 4:48am
Thanks margyr. I guess it's kind of like Pickled Pork, but says on the bag Pork Corned Silverside. I've never seen it before, sounded interesting so thought id give it a go. No worrys, i'll try it the old fashioned way and see how it turns out.

margyr, Sep 3, 4:51am
yeah it is a new one to me, never heard of it either, I suppose silverside must be a type of cut of meat! Let us know what it was like.

jessie981, Sep 3, 4:53am
New to me. Let us know how it tasted.

rainrain1, Sep 3, 7:40am
could be a cut from the leg, you can pickle any meat really

roys351, Sep 3, 9:00am
never heard of pork corned silverside, just make sure it doesnt come from japan

harrislucinda, Sep 3, 10:19am
silversideisdifferenttoporkso whatisitporkorbeef

speedy_11, Sep 3, 7:11pm
Heard the other day of putting a can of gingerale in with corned beef in the crockpot. I reckon this would be divine with pork!

rainrain1, Sep 3, 7:27pm
My guess,it is one solid piece of pork meat taken from just above the leg cut which doesn't need rolled and tied, then treated as you would corned silverside from a cattlebeast.Once corned it possibly has a silvery look to it as does the beef .never heard of it though.

davidt4, Sep 3, 10:45pm
Silverside is a cut from the top of the leg.

rainrain1, Sep 3, 11:00pm
that's what was said

jessie981, Sep 3, 11:12pm
Never heard of it before yesterday & now it's advertised in this weeks New World mailer.

rainrain1, Sep 3, 11:19pm
yes a bit ofcurly tail isn't it!

fifie, Sep 4, 12:20am
Got some of this from N/W trying it in C/P today as pickled pork. Marinate in honey, whole mustard S/P overnight wrapped in T/foil in fridge. Put a saucer in bottom of C/pot meat in left wrapped in T/Foil and poured 1 inch water in lid on and cook, when done rest a while. Delightful aromas waffling through house at the mo, thanks fisher for the recipe.

gardie, Sep 4, 12:47am
Ran quickly to get my brochure but alas - not in mine (Auckland).Maybe its a SI thing!

westydogs, Sep 4, 4:54am
Saw it in Pak N Save Pukekohe today and if I hadn't read this thread I wouldn't have taken any notice.

eastie3, Sep 4, 5:41am
Why not ring the supermarket butchery and ask them ! Our local staff are very helpful.

willy, Oct 19, 9:47pm
Normal corned silverside is absolutely beautiful cooked covered in beer in the crockpot - the only way I ever do it. Don't think I would taint pork corned silverside with beer though - trying the pork one today too.......

apprentice, Oct 31, 12:44am
x1
yes i too have just brought a pork corned silverside never heard of it before and i"m here looking for ways to cook it.

guest, Dec 12, 8:26pm
Hi the best way to cook corned silverside of pork is in a slow cooker. Just cover the pork with gingerale, a tablespoon of honey a tablespoon of ginger power, cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours depending on size.