Waffle recipe

edging, Aug 31, 7:18am
I have been given a waffle machine but no book or recipes
Help please

jessie981, Aug 31, 7:52am
x1
Go into the lefthand message board & under keyword put waffles. Under date posted put last year. Recipes there for you. Good luck.

bluecalico, Aug 31, 7:58am
x1
Don't overfill waffle machine.take it from someone who thought she knew better.Jo Seagar's recipe is very good.I have a Cascade waffle maker and two at a time take 6 minutes each to cook.and they are D-E-L-I-C-ious.with caramel sauce and ice cream.mmmmmmm

gardie, Aug 31, 6:51pm
But how do you get them crispy!I've tried a dozen recipes - even one with buttermilk to no avail!

bluecalico, Aug 31, 10:40pm
If I don't eat them straight away I either crisp them up in the oven or toast them. I cook them in the waffle maker till brown and crispy to start off with.

guardy, Aug 31, 11:28pm
Melt 80 grams butter and then add -
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon sugar
pinch salt
2 cups Self raising flour (or 2 cups flour + 2 1/2 tsp BP)
Tried lots and these are the best. Make sure waffle maker is really hot before starting and spray with heaps of non stick cooking spray. YUM

crayonstory, Sep 1, 9:33pm
I use this one from the AWW:
1 3/4 C plain flour
1/4 C self-raising flour
1/4 C castor sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 C milk
60g butter, melted
2 T water

Sift flours and sugar, gradually stir in combined egg yolks and milk, then butter and water, stir until smooth.Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, fold into mixture in 2 batches.I use about 1/2 C mixture per waffle in my breville maker.

(I don't usually use regular flour and self-raising, just regular flour and a bit of baking powder.Also, regular sugar seems to work ok.)

They seem crispy enough.If you are putting them in the oven to keep warm, don't put them in a pile, but lay them out flat on a rack instead.