Bombay or mumbai rice salad recipe anyone!

k1andb2, Aug 29, 1:17am
I love the bombay rice salad (sometimes they call it mumbai rice salad) that supermarkets sell in their deli and i would like to make it myself. Does anyone have a similar recipe! Ive tried making it by guessing the imgredients but it didnt taste anywhere near as good lol

darkestangel1, Aug 27, 10:39am
Can anyone please help me with this one!

kaddiew, Aug 27, 10:48am
My sister makes this basic one, and it tastes similar to the bombay;

Cook white rice with a little tumeric for colour. Mix together equal quantities of oil and vinegar, add 1/2 tsp (to your taste) of curry powder and 1tbsp brown sugar and pour over the warm rice. Stir through chopped onion, celery, roasted peanuts etc; whatever you fancy. Chill.

pommyjohn1, Aug 27, 6:18pm
x1
Hi sounds good but for an amateur whatquantity of oil ! about a 1/4 cup

molly37, Aug 27, 6:48pm
x1
I love the mumbaiRice too, but often think the rice needs to be cooked longer. I have this recipe, its really yummy, has the raisins and nuts, so similar.
Rice Salad From the boards (Not sure who posted it).
2 cups cooked rice,( i use uncle bens) small can whole kernel corn i use the 440gm size, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, spring onions, celery - all diced and 1 cup raisins (i also add pine nuts diced apricots and sometimes an orange pepper)

Dressing: 1/4 cup malt vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp curry, mix together and add to above ingredients keep adding till all combined may not need all you can add other ingredients if you wish

kaddiew, Aug 29, 10:54am
Sorry, depends on how much rice you have, but yes, 1/4 cup each of vinegar & oil should do it.

guest, Jan 11, 7:56am
x1
A minute saved is a minute earden, and this saved hours!

guest, Jan 13, 1:46pm
I could read a book about this without finding such real-world apaespchro!

guest, Jan 14, 9:57am
As Charlie Sheen says, this article is "WNGINNI!"