Deli Stall - School Fair - Ideas plese

duckmoon, Aug 25, 10:43am
Greetings wonderful recipe MBers.
I have just taken on board convening our deli stall at the school fair.
And am I canvasing for new ideas.

Let me tell you what we already do:
Jams (a variety of marmalades, strawberry, pear and ginger, apricot, raspberry jams)
Pickles;
Lemon Curd,
Lemon Cordial.

Fresh Food - pate, feta dip, crostini

Desserts (packaged to take home): Sticky Toffee Puddings (made in muffins tins, sold with a wee container for sauce with it).

Fresh Salads: (to take home, or eat on the day): Chickpea and Feta Salad

(NB: there is also a cake stall, and a sweet stall, so will leave those items to the other stalls).

Anyway, any ideas of cost effective things to make for a school fair!

elliehen, Aug 25, 1:22pm
Fresh fruit cubes (and marshmallows) on bamboo skewers - can buy packets at The Red Shed.They are always popular with adults and children alike, and make a change from all the extra sweet stuff.

Another idea (American), if you have lots of apples, is apple slices with a caramel dipping sauce.

Both have a good profit margin.

toadfish, Aug 25, 6:21pm
Croutons(plain & Garlic)-plus a printed soup recipe with maybe some childs artwork. You can use a french stick thinly sliced (ask your local super market for the donation of day old bread)
Biscotti - plus the recipe card.
Cinnamon Sugar. with a list of uses.
Gift Baskets with several of the individual items in them.like crackers & dips. or coffee and Biscotti.

I think adding the recipe is a good idea. costs next to nothing to print out but gives the buyer a sense of value.

indy95, Aug 25, 11:40pm
How about homemade savoury biscuits attractively packaged with a small container of pate/ dip/savoury spread plus the recipes. These are very popular for gifts.

indy95, Aug 25, 11:47pm
Ooops, just read toadfish's posting and realised I have doubled up.

jumpingjaffas, Aug 26, 3:22am
sushi maybe!

sarahj1, Aug 26, 7:31pm
Take the fruit/marshmallow kebabs one step further and get hold of a chocolate fountain!Many people have them lurking unused in cupboards so ask in yr school newsletter - or you can buy them for about $50 at Briscoes etc.
Charge $2 a skewer and let kids dip them - extremely popular - insanely messy - lots of fun!

jessie981, Aug 26, 11:03pm
Hummus
Cheese straws
Christmas mincemeat
Pickled Onions, Gherkins etc