Lone Star salad recipe wanted

walt, Aug 24, 5:06am
x1
Anyone know what goes into the lovely salad you get at Lone Star. I want to make a special salad for a family birthday. Thanks.

walt, Aug 24, 5:23am
Bump anyone please

walt, Aug 24, 6:29am
bump someone must know the secret of these yummy salads.

fifie, Aug 24, 7:00am
x1
What kind of salad are you wanting ! coleslaw,potato. green salad.

turtlet, Aug 24, 7:01am
if you put lone star coleslaw in the search bar and choose last year you will find it there

justme27, Aug 24, 7:13am
Sorry turtlet, have just done that and there are no results darnnit :(

katienz11, Aug 24, 7:25am
I did that turtlet but there wasnt much to find.

kay141, Aug 24, 7:33am
It used to be green cabbage, red cabbage and silver beet. I think the % were 50% green, 30% silver beet and 20% red but I wouldn't guarantee that.

walt, Aug 24, 7:42am
Thanks it is the coleslaw recipe that I wanted. I can't find it on the Lone Star web page so wondered if anyone knew what was in it. Thanks.

sumstyle, Aug 24, 7:58am
From their menu:

LONE STAR COLESLAW - Our famous mix of red & green cabbage, silverbeet, cucumber & celery tossed with corn, spring onions, toasted seeds and a honey mustard vinaigrette.Our very own blend!
GARDEN FRESH GREEN SALAD - A selection of choice greens mixed with croutons, cherry tomatoes and other seasonal garden delights. Served with a side of Lone Star honey mustard vinaigrette.

walt, Aug 24, 8:04am
Thanksthat sounds just like what I want. Will make it tomorow. Thanks again.

fifie, Aug 24, 9:20am
x2
Thanks to Fisher,this is good.
Clone "Lone Star" Salad
Boil together~ 1 1/4 cups white vinegar3/4 cup sugar1 1/4 tsp mustard seeds1/2 tsp turmeric 1/2 cup water1 tsp celery seed
1 1/4 tsp saltLet cool and add 1 cup of oil.
Finely slice red and green cabbage( 2 cups ofeach )1/2 red onion1 large grated carrot1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup of canned drained corn1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.Toss and add dressing.

turtlet, Aug 24, 9:31am
Wonder why it doesn't come up for you - here is what I was referring to - same as fifie has posted.

ruckass1 wrote:

Clone "Lone Star" Salad
Boil together ~ 1 1/4 cups white vinegar 3/4 cup sugar 1 1/4 tsp mustard seeds 1/2 tsp turmeric 1/2 cup water 1 tsp celery seed
1 1/4 tsp salt Let cool and add 1 cup of oil.
Finely slice red and green cabbage ( 2 cups of each ) 1/2 red onion 1 large grated carrot 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup of canned drained corn 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds. Toss and add dressing.
I got the recipe from here http://www.e-ware.co.nz/salad.htm

The real Lone Star Coleslaw doesn't have parsley, carrot or sunflower seeds tho!

Quotebabytears (633 )11:47 am, Sun 29 Aug #5

guest, Aug 18, 9:09pm
x1
The Lone Star here in Dunedin has silverbeet not parsley, no carrots, & does have sunflower seeds. deeee-lish!