Mac cheese in sloww cooker

janny3, Jul 13, 11:47am
Anyone got a mac n cheese crockpot recipe that produces a creamier pasta meal than the usual dry stuff!

TIA.

2603962, Jul 13, 11:13pm
Do you cook the pasta 1st or use dry pasta in the recipe please!

janny3, Jul 14, 2:43am
I made it with dry macaroni and so it was not unlike the stuff you pull out of the oven.That doesn't have enough sauce for me.Before slow cookers, I boil the pasta then stir in a cheese sauce for that creamy meal.I think I will add more liquid and/or milk to the crockpot recipe because the macaroni soaked up so much of the sauce.

nik12, Jul 14, 10:19am
I add a bit of milk as well, just didn't seem right without it :-)

nannahall1, Aug 15, 8:58pm
any one got the recipe pretty please

winnie15, Aug 15, 9:35pm
this is so yummy and i don't make it any other way now days, its so creamy and divine .
If you like a really creamy mac cheese you might want to add a bit more water or cheese . I have a slow cooker and it cooks this is 1 hr . slow cookers cook heaps hotter than a slow cooker.
Macaroni Cheese (Crockpot)

2-2 ½ cups of macaroni 25g of butter
3 cups of grated colby cheese 3 tbsp flour
1 tsb garlic salt 3 cups of boiling water.

Turn the slow cooker on high to preheat and coat with non-stick spray. Tip pasta in the crock pot, melt the butter in the microwave and pour over pasta, chuck in everything else mix gently, cover with lid and cook on high for 2.5 to 3 hours. Stir gently every hour or so.

I add onion, bacon and tomatoes to this one

smiggles15, Aug 15, 9:41pm
Do you cook the bacon and onions before you add it or just throw In raw with the rest of the ingredients!

nannahall1, Aug 15, 10:55pm
thanks so much my mouth is watering already

winnie15, Aug 16, 12:16am
yes i cook the onions first but not the bacon

winnie15, Aug 16, 9:35pm
this is so yummy and i don't make it any other way now days, its so creamy and divine .
If you like a really creamy mac cheese you might want to add a bit more water or cheese . I have a slow cooker and it cooks this is 1 hr . slow cookers cook heaps hotter than a crockpot.
Macaroni Cheese (Crockpot)

2-2 ½ cups of macaroni 25g of butter
3 cups of grated colby cheese 3 tbsp flour
1 tsb garlic salt 3 cups of boiling water.

Turn the slow cooker on high to preheat and coat with non-stick spray. Tip pasta in the crock pot, melt the butter in the microwave and pour over pasta, chuck in everything else mix gently, cover with lid and cook on high for 2.5 to 3 hours. Stir gently every hour or so.

I add onion, bacon and tomatoes to this one