Whats your best Lemon Muffin Recipe

bev00, Jun 26, 10:24am
LEMON MUFFINS.

2 c self raising flour 2 eggs
rind of 2 lemons 1 c milk
1 c suger 100g butter
Mix altogether, put 1/2 mixture into muffin pans, add a dob of cream cheese, then cover with more mixture. Cook 200 10-15mins.
Mix juice of 2 lemons and 1/4 c sugar and spoon over muffins after cooking. Yummy

horizons_, Jun 27, 1:41am
I make any lemons I get into lemon honey and use this in my muffins and cakes. I usually cut back on some of the sugar, butter and eggs (guestimate) and then put a dollop of it in the middle. Top with poppy seeds. Mmmmmm so yummy.

kiwitrish, Jun 27, 2:00am
Like that idea.Sound so good.

4meows, Jun 27, 2:14am
But then again, they do contain opiates.

iwik07, Aug 14, 11:19pm
TIA. :)

jessie981, Aug 14, 11:28pm
Crunchy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
2c self-raising flour
1c sugar
1/2c poppyseeds
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
100gr melted butter
1c milk
2 blg eggs
juice 2 lemons
1/4c sugar
Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl
In 2nd bowl mix melted butter, milk & eggs. Tip the liquid ingredients & lightly fold until flour is damp. Don't overmix
Spoon into muffin tins
Bake 10 -15 mins @ 200
While muffins cook, mix lemon juice & 2nd amount of sugar. (don't dissolve sugar)
As soon as muffins have been removed brush with lemon sugar topping
Real yummy. I have made without the poppyseeds

elliehen, Aug 14, 11:52pm
Lemon and poppyseeds are a delicious combination, but if you want to impress your lunch date, forget the poppyseeds.They tend to lodge between the front teeth and look like cavities ;)

iwik07, Aug 15, 12:17am
Thank you, if I don't have self raising flour how much baking powder should I put in. Will this still work.

jessie981, Aug 15, 1:28am
1tsp b/powder to every cup of flour

jessie981, Aug 15, 11:28pm
Crunchy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
2c self-raising flour
1c sugar
1/2c poppyseeds
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
100gr melted butter
1c milk
2 blg eggs
juice 2 lemons
1/4c sugar
Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl
In 2nd bowl mix melted butter, milk & eggs. Tip the liquid ingredients & lightly fold until flour is damp. Don't overmix
Spoon into muffin tins
Bake 10 -15 mins @ 200
While muffins cook, mix lemon juice & 2nd amount of sugar. (don't dissolve sugar)
As soon as muffins have been removed brush with lemon sugar topping
Real yummy. I have made without the poppyseeds

Check out lefthand message board & under keyword put lemon muffins. Under date posted put last year.

iwik07, Aug 16, 12:17am
Thank you, if I don't have self raising flour how much baking powder should I put in. Will this still work.

jensone1, Sep 2, 9:32pm
get a copy of Indulge Magazinethis month from Countdown, lovely recipe in it

scali, Sep 3, 11:20am
Sooooooooo good! Just made the recipe above. (No poppy seeds.) Eating it slightly warm. So easy too. Make them in a flash.

katienz11, Sep 20, 6:37am
I made these today, and they are one of the nicest muffins Ive ever made!

I doubled the recipe.I changed a couple of things: the fine lemon peel got a bit lost in the mixture, so I added some coarser orange peel; I added the juice of several lemons and the orange into the butter, milk, and egg mixture so that the muffin mixture itself had more flavour; and I spooned quite a bit of the lemon and sugar mixture on to the muffin rather than just a brush of it.Delicious!I wasnt going to use poppy seeds but I did in the finish, and they did add to the look of them.

Really nice recipe.Thanks OP for sharing.

kamitchell, Sep 20, 8:25am
Can anyone hazard a guess at what 2 "blg" eggs is meant to be! Lrg maybe!This certainly does sound like an easy recipe!

marcs, Sep 20, 8:39am
59 gram eggs which I consider to be large eggs.

katienz11, Sep 20, 9:32pm
We buy size 7 eggs, and I just used those.

wildflower, Sep 21, 4:14am
Lovely one of Allison Holst's out there that uses yoghurt and I put lemon curd in the middle and perfect.

guest, Apr 1, 12:17pm
Jei cukinijas nuulpsi, nesimatys nei ?alios, nei geltonos odel?s. Vidus neutralus. Tada gali ne?tarti. ?iaip ?iuos keksiukus valg? pas mus toks berniukas, kuris sak? kad cukinij? nevalgo. O kai su?inojo, kas d?ta tai kit? dien? jau i? principo nevalg? Taip kad svarbiausia patyl?ti d?l sud?ties A? dariau i? pus?s porcijos, tai keksiukai per dien? susivalg? tikrai manau verta pabandyti apgauti

guest, Jan 12, 7:58am
Felt so hopeless looking for answers to my qu.titons..eunsil now.

guest, Jan 13, 5:52pm
Jau ko tikrai r?sy dar liko, tai cinikuj? Jau?iu, kad man patikt?, bet jei noriu valgyti ne viena, reikt?, jog niekas ne?tart? apie ten esan?ias cinikujas Taip kad klausim?lis, ar man yra vilties prasisukti su ?itu visai nekaltu melu? )

guest, Jan 14, 11:17am
An added important aepsct is that if you are a senior, travel insurance pertaining to pensioners is something you should really contemplate. The more aged you are, the harder at risk you're for getting something awful happen to you while in most foreign countries. If you are not really covered by a few comprehensive insurance cover, you could have many serious troubles. Thanks for discussing your suggestions on this weblog.