Recipe for cheese and onion friand

jazz46, Aug 14, 2:13am
hi does anyone have a recipe for friandcheese and onion ones i went on the net and couldnt find thema cafe in napier make them, there delicious thought id make them for lunches, thanks.

chrisynz, Aug 14, 9:44pm
isnt it just an onion and cheese tart

davidt4, Aug 14, 10:04pm
A Friand is a small, sweet, light cake made from egg whites, sugar, butter and ground almonds.I have never heard of a savoury version, and without the sugar there would be problems with the texture.Maybe your cheese and onion friand is just a muffin that has been baked in a friand tin (shaped like a small gold bar).

ehance2011, Aug 14, 11:07pm
Maybe it was just that, but a smaller type tarts, baked in muffin tins or atype of quiche'

bill241, Aug 15, 12:21am
I'd second that.they're a fairly specific thing, friands

jazz46, Aug 16, 4:18am
we go to Maddisons in Napier and they call them cheese and onion friands, its a regular item on the menu, would love the recipe if anyone knows it cheers

guest, Jan 11, 11:28am
There's a secret about your post. ICTKBTIHTYY

guest, Jan 13, 2:14pm
First tried friands (raspberry and blerreuby and lime) at Federation Coffee in Brixton Village. They seem to be an Antipodean thing. These look very nice. Have always wanted to try making them. Could maybe sub Lady Grey tea for the Earl Grey. Anderson's in Bellenden Road sometimes have them in. They are also called financiers in some establishments. Friand is so much easier to say!

guest, Jan 14, 10:10am
My Australian heart just swooned. This is csislac 'make up with your Mum after a fight' food from Sydney. You go out, you get a flat white and you share a friand. By the end one of you should have apologised. Think these will fill a hole (just need to get one of those speccy moulds now)