Chicken in coconut

jhan, Aug 12, 5:12am
An experiment for tea.

1/4 can of coconut milk
1 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp soya sauce

Combined over pan fried boned chicken legs with onion rings.

I can't put garlic in it because DH is intolerant. The flavour is different alright, I can't decide if it is something I might use to deodorise the bathroom or just fabulous. Oh well, when the menfolk come home, they will surely tell me.

What else could be included in the recipe!

buzzy110, Aug 12, 5:41am
If you have any othese ingredients in the house you may like to make a green Thai curry sauce:

Just blend in a blender any, or all, of the following and chuck into your coconut milk. this is a bit back-to-front because usually the coconut milk is added last.

Chilli (paste or fresh) to taste
Basil - Handful or 2
Coriander - Handful or 2
Fresh Ginger - Small knob
Lemon grass - 1 or 2 stalks
Kaffir Lime Leaves - 1 - 5
olive oil
Coriander seeds - 1T
Parsley - Handful or 2

Actually. I have all of those things (apart from the basil because it is out of season and coriander seeds) growing in my garden and have just realised that not everyone has these things so maybe you could just add: Peanut butter and chilli.

davidt4, Aug 12, 5:56am
Have you used fresh ginger or powdered ginger!If fresh the dish should taste fine - just balance it with some fresh lime juice (or lemon juice if you don't have limes).

If you've used powdered ginger I can't help - it's not often used in savoury dishes and a tablespoon is a lot.

Let us know how it turns out!

jhan, Aug 12, 7:53am
Thanks, it wasn't too bad, but I think it needs something else with it. I cooked in the oven for 40 min and served it on rice with salad. The menfolk thought it was so so.