Best Paua Patty Recipe Please

ashanti, Jan 13, 1:45am
I have just been lucky enough to be given a bag of minced paua, how long do you cook on each side please! I am assuming they will be black looking fritters!

jag5, Jan 13, 3:11am
less is best for ingredients.salt, pepper, egg and a little flour.drop spoonfuls into pan (with butter or oil.I prefer a mix of the two) about 2-3 minutes each side.don't overdo.yes, will be very dark.

ashanti, Jan 13, 4:05am
Thanks jag5 for the helpful advice.

buzzy110, Jan 13, 5:30am
Just a reminder that paua tastes awesome left intact. If they are the small, farmed ones you can just dredge them in seasoned flour and fry gently in butter. If they are large and wild, just beat them first then dredge in seasoned flour and gently fry in butter. Paua are my favourite of all foods and I like to enjoy them, like crayfish, all by themselves. They are, imo, stand alone, standout food.

shop-a-holic, Jan 13, 6:58am
Paua is already minced. Is your post very helpful which lends to whole Paua! I could be wrong.

kabre, Aug 11, 7:19am
Wanting the best patty recipe for paua patties. Paua is already minced just need to know what to add to make patties.Egg, flour, salt & pepper ! What do others add Thanks

seano7, Aug 11, 7:50am
paua onions bread crumbs salt pepper ginger chilli and garlic put all components in blender and wizz for one minute shape and fry

firemansgirl, Aug 11, 7:59am
Geez who can afford paua these days!

susieq9, Aug 11, 10:44am
To what you have already, I would just add some finely diced onion. Otherwise you tend to steer away from the taste of paua if you add a lot of other ingrediants.

kiwiscrapper1, Aug 11, 11:45am
Paua, onion, 1 egg and about 1 tbs of flour just to bind it so it doesnt fall apart! oh and salt/pepper.I sometimes add corriandar too or parsley.serve with sour cream and chilli sauce yummeeee. I have paua in the freezer but it wasnt minced first!

vtired, Aug 11, 10:26pm
Minced paua, a little onion, mince couple slices bread in w paua, lemon juice salt and pepper, add 2-3 eggs and if still not sticky enough a little flour and cook gently.

blt10, Aug 11, 10:43pm
Grated carrot & finely diced red onion is nice.

samsara11, Aug 13, 8:50am
Add a little lemon zest - adds a nice touch and brings out the paua flavour

karlachikkidy, Aug 14, 2:47am
we always put a bit of bacon through the mincer when we do ours, gives a great flavour

wildflower, Aug 14, 3:45am
Maybe they got it themselves.

kmsmith, Aug 16, 4:59am
Nice if you add onion and bacon and a little bit of pineapple to the mix :)

guest, Jun 2, 3:56am
can u eat paua raw??

guest, Oct 8, 7:03am
You sure can eat it raw.... We get our own paua at kakoura ..I am hopeless at cooking it tho i just cannot get them to stick togeather in the pan when frying they ALWAYS fall apart ,HELP!