WANTED recipes for diabetic and high cholstro

courtney2004, Aug 11, 2:30am
I am after a few recipes for muffins/biscuits for diabetic and high cholstroal people please. Doing a baking dash for a neighbour who is bringing her terminally ill husband home today and family has asked for baking so they don't have to worry about it. Any recipes will be great please. Ideally need to be able to replace Butter with Oil

courtney2004, Aug 11, 2:34am
If anyone has a savoury muffin recipe that has a very small amount of cheese please do list it.

Oh it must also have oil instead of butter.

lx4000, Aug 11, 2:41am

lx4000, Aug 11, 2:44am
Fibre Muffins
BOWL 1
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tbspn BP
1 1/4 C Flour
Mix.
BOWL 2
2 C All Bran
1 1/4 Skim Milk/Milk
Stand 5 mins
add to bowl 2
1/2 C Apple Sauce
1 Egg
Mix.
Add bowl 1 to bowl 2 and just mix.
Spoon into muffin trays.
Bake 20 mins at 200
You can add spices, dried fruits etc or even chopped apple, pears to this

lx4000, Aug 11, 2:47am
PORRIDGE MUFFINS
BOWL 1
1/2 C Oil
1 Grated Apple
2 Eggs
1 C Cooked Porridge
1/2 C Sultanas
1/2 C Coconut
1 tspn Van Ess
Mix till no lumps.
BOWL 2
1 C Flour
2/3 C Brown Sugar
1 tspn BP
1 tspn BS
1 tspn Cinnamon
Mix well.
Add Bowl 2 to bowl 1 and just mix.
Spoon into muffin tins.
Bake 15 mins at 180

lx4000, Aug 11, 2:48am
maybe those are ok to bake!

lythande1, Aug 11, 3:54am
Diabetics. All they need to avoid (if not on insulin) is sugar and carbohydrate - flour products, rice and potatoes.
But especially the sugar.

dollmakernz, Aug 13, 8:54am
courtney, I've got a wee recipe book cooking with sucaryl. I used to use it to bake for my father in law. It's yours if you'd like it just drop me a line at the hot place, same username as here. It's only a tiny thing but has some good recipes and will only me cost the price of stamp to post it. I don't want anything for it and happy to pop it in the mail to you.

asue, Aug 13, 9:50am
Cinnamon Fruit Muffins
Mix together 1 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour, 1/4 cup of Splenda and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 1 cup of low fat milk and 1/4 cup of oil.Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the egg mixture and stir until just combined.Gently fold thru 1 large mashed banana and 1/2 cup sultanas. Bake in muffin tray for 20 minutes at 200 C.These keep well.I have sometimes used about 3/4 cup of cooked fruit instead of the banana. This recipe is from the Australian diabetic website so well balanced for fibre, sodium, fat etc

pokey104, Mar 19, 11:14pm
If anyone has a Sucaryl cookbook, I'm looking for recipes for hamburger buns and English muffns. Thanks!