No bake recipes needed please!

rozie4, Aug 11, 1:42am
Can you help me,my oven is broken and can't afford to buy another one at the moment. What recipes could I make for the kids school lunches that don;t need cooking in the oven or that I can make in a saucepan on the stove.Would really appreciate some ideas-thanks.

kendy2, Aug 11, 1:45am
Rice Bubble Slice
100g butter
100g sugar
2d honey
4c rice bubbles (approx)
Heat butter, sugar and honey until boiling - stir constantly. Turn down heat and simmer for 7 mins.
Remove from heat and add ricies.
Press into swiss roll tin and leave until set before slicing.
Store in air tight container.

rozie4, Aug 11, 2:09am
Thanks for that kendy2,I have made it already!

lx4000, Aug 11, 2:11am
look to the left and type in "unbaked slices"

lx4000, Aug 11, 2:16am
Fruity Coconut Bubble Slice 140g shredded coconut;90g rice bubbles;2/3 cup allbran;250g chopped glace apricots;1/2 cup chopped glace pineapple;125f chopped walnuts or pecans;125g butter;1/2 cup coconut cream;1/2 cup honey;1/3 cup raw sugar. Greas 20x30cm lamington tin.Combine rice bubbles,bran fruit & nuts in a bowl.Combine butter,coconut cream honey & sugar in a pan,stir over low heat,without boiling till butter is melted & sugar is dissolved.Bring to boil,simmer,incovered without stirring for 5 mins.Stir into dry ing and spread into pan.Refrigerate till firm.

Quotebrianmac (133

ruby19, Aug 11, 5:55am
I am sure Darlingmole would not mind me sharing her recipe, it is really easy and the kids love it.

darlingmole wrote:
Mocha Chocolate Crunch
(Takes 5 mins to cook plus may be 3 mins to prep)

150 g butter
1 C flour
1 C coconut
1/2 C brown sugar
2 T cocoa
1 t instant coffee powder (if you want - hence the mocha)
1/2 t baking poser
1 C rolloed oats
2 T golden syrup

Melt butter]

Then add all the other ingredients
Mix well then cook on HIGH for 1 min. Stir, then repeat twice. Press in a flat bottomed container (greased) then cook on HIGH again for further 2 mins. Cover with a paper towel and cool for 10 mins then slice into bars or pieces.

Ice when cool. Keep refridgerated.

eastie3, Aug 11, 6:59am
This is from the Chelsea sugar site and is the unbaked slice that I use most.You can easily leave out the apricots and make an icing with just a Tbs or so of butter/marge instead of the 100g specified in this recipe.

Apricot Fudge Slice
Ingredients

125g butter
1/2 cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 x 250g packet of wine biscuits, crushed
1/4 cup desiccated coconut to decorate

Lemon Icing:
100g butter
1 1/2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1-2 Tbsp hot water

Method

Heat 125g butter, Brown sugar and condensed milk until the butter has melted. Do not boil.
Add chopped apricots and crushed biscuits. Mix well. Press into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.

Ice with Lemon Icing:
Beat butter until pale and fluffy. Add icing sugar, grated rind and lemon juice and sufficient water, so that you have a fluffy light mixture. Spread over the slice and sprinkle with coconut. Set in refrigerator. Cut into squares.

pickles7, Aug 11, 11:30pm
celery,is in season and kids love it.
I wouldn't even make that stuff for my grandchildren now at all. lol.
My kids grew up on it. My grand kids don't even eat the icing on chocolate cake. It has taught me how we as parents, set our children's taste buds.
There mother dose, that was my fault.
Schools are trying to cut out the sweet goodies in kids lunch boxes.
I see "Sub Way" is trying to get in on School lunches. I may shout mygrandchildrena treat. see what they get.

lx4000, Aug 12, 1:14am
ruby19,

1/2 t baking "poser "

is that powder or soda!

ruby19, Aug 12, 5:38am
OOPS didn`t even read my copy n paste I put baking powder in.