Breadmaker Problem

klc1, Aug 10, 10:09am
Anyone else have a problem with the paddle getting stuck in the bread!This has happened twice now and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.I can get it out when the bread is cool but it leaves a bigger hole.

cgvl, Aug 10, 10:20am
yes occasionally here. I turn bread upside down and shake it usually frees it. Otherwise hod the bottom where the blade is (part underneath that moves) and shake it should come loose.

lilyfield, Aug 10, 4:30pm
the trick for this is=== time your breadmaker carefully and just before the baking starts- remove the paddle, and bake you bread without it.

lindylambchops1, Aug 10, 11:12pm
Wow why didn't I think of that!!Doesn't your hand get all doughy!Doesn't it spoil the rising process!

korbo, Aug 11, 7:13am
how do you get the paddle out!

mine always stays in the bread, but it doesnt make a huge hole.
I just gently prise it out with a paring knife.

lindylambchops1, Aug 11, 8:50am
Yikes this would mean putting hand right into the dough which would surely spoil the risen loaf before it cooks.How do you do it please!

auburn4, Aug 11, 9:59am
As soon as the last kneading has finished and before the last rising just pick the dough up, remove the paddle and gently pop the dough back into the pan. It doesn't affect the loaf at all. I only get a tiny hole in my loaf now.
Not all dough paddles are removable unfortunately.

pickles7, Aug 11, 10:37am
I do this too, it makes a little as hole, much better.
I try and take mine out just after its last kneading. Try and work out when to remove it, makes it easier not to take the air out of your bread.

gildon, Aug 12, 4:48am
I have just made a loaf, doing exactly what auburn4 suggests.It worked perfectly.It is an easy matter to just lift the dough, extract the paddle and replace the dough.My loaf was perfectly shaped and well risen.Thank you auburn4.

ibcreative, Aug 12, 6:47am
What a great idea! That hole makes the bread hard to cut too.

auburn4, Aug 19, 11:13am
You're welcome gildon, I found that hint on TM in the first place and have passed it on to friends.

auburn4, Sep 3, 9:51am
Just to add to the paddle thread, when I remove the paddle I now give the spindle a quick spray with cooking spray and the bread doesn't stick to that now either.

chrissie91, Sep 3, 11:03am
What a great idea. Thankyou.