Has anyone sent baking to Australia recently!

elsielaurie1, Aug 10, 8:51am
I received an email from my grandson today saying that he would love some Belgium Square!Is it ok to send baking to Australia and if so, what precautions if any, do I need to take! Thankyou.

fee1965, Aug 10, 9:48am
I would love to send baking to my daughter - did you have any luck finding out if you can!

jag5, Aug 10, 10:03am
Have you never seen the TV programme Border Control!You cannot send baking across the ditch or vice versa. No food to enter at all, not even pre packaged or vacuum packed.

Send them the recipes and let them make their own sorry.

fee1965, Aug 10, 10:05am
well i sent a packet of griffins biscuits over with her boyfriend last month, no probs

kiwigal007, Aug 10, 10:10am
Commercially sealed items are usually fine. You want to avoid any naturel ingredients including honey etc

To be honest, I dont think you could send anything like that. It would be customs in aussie that would stop it. Try contacting NZ post to see whether they have a list of what the specific country requirements. Or Customs in NZ or OZ.

taurushat, Aug 10, 10:22am

jeanette12, Aug 10, 10:22am
You can take baking into Australia, you just have to declare it at customs, I have done this many times as my daughter loves lolly cake!

murdoc4, Aug 10, 8:19pm
My mum spoils my brother in Auz and sends him his fav homemade choc-chip biscuits.She makes sure she vacumn packs it and declares it with customs - no probs!NZ financially supports Rarotonga and when my husband and I went to Rarotonga on holiday, we found out that if we wanted we could bring vacumn packed fresh meat with us too!Hmmm try sending meat to Auz and see what happens, haha!

dreamers, Aug 10, 8:54pm
Make my own Muesli and take it to Aust when we go ,declare it ,no problems as long as it doesnt have banana chips in it.Have also sent homemade biscuits by post .

glenleigh, Aug 10, 9:26pm
Have taken homemade Christmas cake there - always declare it and no problems.