Has anyone bought Edmonds Continental Cheesecake!

joybells2, Aug 7, 3:01am
yuck, usually make my own cheesecakes but this was $5 in a packet so thought it would be cheaper than buying cream cheese.Dont bother, its like a marshmallowy texture topping, - luckily put some blueberries in it, doesnt even taste like a cheesecake.Never again.Will contact them with my disappointment.Anyone else bought it!

jills3, Aug 7, 5:38am
oh dear I just bought a packet on Friday night $3.99 and at that price I thought I hope its good as I will by afew packets,havent got around to making it and now you say its yuck, oh well what can I expect for $3.99 lol

craftylady1, Aug 7, 5:39am
x2
I think they are yummy

nzhel, Aug 7, 11:56pm
I buy them occasionally and years ago they had a suggestion on the side of the box to add cream cheese to the mixture which I don't think is there any more (haven't bought it for ages). Anyway ever since then I have always done that when making it up and the difference was amazing to the texture and taste. Can't remember the size of the cream cheese but it was the smaller amount you can get. So unless they have changed the recipe it could be worth trying that.

lythande1, Aug 8, 2:06am
Yes. I like them but then I hate cream cheese. marshmallow! Might be the way/quantities you mixed.

jills3, Aug 8, 5:41am
Thanks for that I will add cream cheese.

molly37, Aug 8, 6:25am
I made one over the summer and was quite surprised just how nice it was.

joybells2, Aug 8, 8:03am
Maybe it is just us but it certainly didnt taste like cheesecake to us.Maybe with the cream cheese added it would be better but think I will go back to making my own lol.

nzhel, Aug 8, 11:02am
Yep nothing like making your own from scratch.The Edmonds one used to be nice with the cream cheese added - almost like a 'proper' homemade one, but like I said they may have changed the recipe. I must try one again sometime to see!