Muffin Recipe

eternity04, Aug 6, 11:48pm
Im looking for a very basic muffin recipe. One that I can add some chopped up apricots and cream cheese to. I want one that doesn't have to many eggs in it either, as I only have two in the pantry. I would rather have butter in them instead of oil as thats one thing I dont have any of.

TIA.Jan.

theanimal1, Aug 6, 11:55pm
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE
INGREDIENTS: 1¾ cups Self Raising Flour 2-3 tablespoons castor sugar 1 egg lightly beaten ¾ cup milk 4 oz butter, melted 1 teaspoon Baking Powder Vanilla Essence METHOD: Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. Into a small bowl, melt butter, and add milk. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, and mix. Do Not over beat. ¾ fill muffin tins. Bake 400 deg F, or 220 deg C for 10 - 15 minutes, just above middle of oven.

VARIETIES TO TRY: *Add spices (mixed spice, cinnamon) and dried or fresh fruit chopped. *Essences, or lemon or orange juice, and grated peel. *Sprinkle with brown sugar, and cinnamon mixed together. *Add dried fruits, e.g. sultanas, currants, chopped apricots. *Add chopped fresh fruit e.g. apple, banana, apricot, peach, rhubarb, blueberries, raspberries etc.

lx4000, Aug 7, 12:06am
Basic Muffin Mix
Bowl 1
4 tsp BP
2 C flour
3/4 C Sugar

Bowl 2
1/2 C Oil
1 C Milk
1 egg

Add bowl 1 to bowl 2.

Just mix.

200 for approx 15 mins

Add cocoa, friut etc as you wish:)

lx4000, Aug 7, 12:07am
ANY TIN FRUIT MUFFINS

2 c flour,
4 t baking powder,
1/2 c sugar,
1/2 t salt -

put all into bowl.

Melt 75 g butter,

add 1/2 c milk to butter and 1 egg + juice from tinned fruit.

Mix dry into wet mix until Just mixed.

1/3 fill muffin tin with mix then add sliced fruit and choco buttons (not touching sided) then cover with more mix.

Additional extras. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar mix or add a bit of fruit or choco buttons.

Bake at 200 for about 12 - 15 mins :-)

lx4000, Aug 7, 12:09am
Fibre Muffins
BOWL 1
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tbspn BP
1 1/4 C Flour
Mix.
BOWL 2
2 C All Bran
1 1/4 Skim Milk/Milk
Stand 5 mins
add to bowl 2
1/2 C Apple Sauce
1 Egg
Mix.
Add bowl 1 to bowl 2 and just mix.
Spoon into muffin trays.
Bake 20 mins at 200
You can add spices, dried fruits etc or even chopped apple, pears to this.

cgvl, Aug 7, 12:09am
theres a nice one in the diabetic baking thread. Uses butter, sugar and eggs can add any fruit to it and cream cheese. will bump for you

eternity04, Aug 7, 2:06am
Thanks for all of these guys. The girls will have yummy lunchbox fillers tomorrow.
Jan.

lx4000, Aug 7, 2:33am
BREAKFAST MUFFINS

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (275g) caster sugar(I use normal sugar)
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup desiccated coconut

2 cups grated carrot
1 cup grated apple

1 cup chopped walnuts

3 eggs

1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Icing sugar, to dust

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180degC.

2. Sift sugar, flour, cinnamon and powder into a large bowl.

Add sultanas, carrot, apple, coconut and walnuts.

In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla.

3. Add to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined - do not over mix.

4. Spoon into muffin pans and bake for

25 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve dusted with icing sugar. Or sprinkle sunflower seeds on top before baking! mmMmm

Good healthy lunchbox food!

wildflower, Aug 7, 4:07am
Wow everyone in here is so helpful, was just reading a post in TV and movies where someone asked a simple enough question and all the first replies were very rude and mean.Love you guys.

lx4000, Aug 7, 4:12am
wildflower, we are all darlings in here! So, welcome to the happy cooks forum :)