Uncooked cheesecake help please re cream

raewyn64, Aug 6, 10:48pm
I have all the ingredients for the uncooked cheesecake filling - cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice & gelatine (well I will use a jelly instead) but I don't have any cream that I am supposed to use.Can anyone help me with an alternative!i have full milk powder and was going to use a flavoured jelly so would using a whole jelly and some milk powder thicken the filling enough or would I need the creaqm!

thanks so much
Raewyn

raewyn64, Aug 6, 10:55pm
just thinking - I do have some yoghurt if that would work!

Raewyn

pickles7, Aug 6, 11:15pm
Not sure if you put cream in the actual recipe, or use it whipped, on top.raewyn64 .
I sort of know of the recipe, just don't make it.
Yogurt is OK to use in or over, cheesecake. If it is added as an extra ingredient, cut back the water in the jelly by 1/2 a cup. Cheese cakes can be forgiving, but you do need it to "set".

raewyn64, Aug 6, 11:36pm
Thanks pickles7
The recipe says
Filling:
Whip until fluffy 250 gms cream cheese, Add 300 mls cream (whipped), 1 tin condensed milk.Blend in half cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon vanilla,1 teaspoon gelatine dissolved in a quarter cup of boiling water

So I am guessing the cream lightens the cream cheese which the yoghurt should do also I would think.I just need to work out the quantity of gelentine or in my case the jelly as the setting agent.
I think I will just give it a try - it is only for hubby and me so no big loss lol

wildflower, Aug 7, 4:18am
Odd the recipe has all three, uncooked often use 2 of those, ie cream cheese and cond milk or sour cream or cream but not 3 different ones.

pickles7, Aug 7, 4:28am
it should be ok, let us know. enjoy.

raewyn64, Aug 7, 7:35am
Thanks everyone - yes it worked wahoo!
So I substituted the cream with yoghurt and the geletine with jelly and it set fine.I only had lime jelly so it had quite a strong lime flavour to it but that was fine.I am very pleased!