Stove top recipes.

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 5, 3:25am
Hi guys. settled into new house but waiting for a new oven to come which could be another week or so which i am not extremely upset about but having baking withdrawals LOL. The elements work but the rest dont.

Needing some yummy different stove top recipes other than the usual spag bol and devilled sausages.

Please help i feel like ive hit a wall! :)

lindylambchops1, Aug 5, 3:39am
Hot cakes or piklets.You can make scones in an electric frying pan.Do you have a microwave!I use that more than my oven.one-pot meals.Use the search function or Google.

Happiness in your new home!

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 5, 3:52am
thanks and i pulled out the hot cakes recipe for tonight :) yes we have a microwave but im so used to having an oven to do roast veges or so on. gosh i miss a good roasted potato. :( oh well not to long now

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 5, 8:33pm
Any other dessert recipes that are cooked on the stove/microwave!

lx4000, Aug 5, 10:34pm
bread and butter pudding, rice pud.
Do you have a slow cooker, electric fry pan, deep fryer!

lx4000, Aug 5, 10:35pm
microbe self saucing pud (search using toolbar to the left) Steam puds.

davidt4, Aug 5, 10:38pm
That sounds dangerous.

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 5, 11:30pm
i have the crock pot self saucing pudding recipe which i have also made in the microwave before and turned out beautifully. only problem is partner dislikes chocolate. (he will eat it but would rather rice pudding or what have you)
I have slow cooker and microwave. threw out a lot of appliances when i moved.

madams11, Aug 6, 1:29am
- could u post that recipe please! thanx : )

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 6, 1:59am
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
100g butter, melted;
1/2 cup milk,
1 egg,
1 cup SR flour,
2tbsp cocoa,
1/2 cup caster sugar

TOPPING:
2 tbsp cocoa,
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar,
2 cups boiling water.

Combine butter, milk and egg. In a separate bowl sift flour and cocoa together and mix in sugar. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Spoon in slow cooker. Combine cocoa and brown sugar and sprinkle over top of pudding. Carefully pour boiling water over the mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours or LOW 5-6 hours.

i sometimes double the recipe

theanimal1, Aug 7, 12:33am
Ming Ling meal in a pot

1kg. Mince
1 large Apple, peeled and chopped
1/2 Tbsp. Curry Powder
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
4 cups Water
1 packet Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Tomato Sauce
3 Tbsp. uncooked Rice
3 Carrots, grated
1 Cabbage, chopped fine

Brown mince and onions in a large pot.
Add apple, sugar, curry, sauces, rice and water and boil 15 minutes.
Add carrot, soup and cabbage.
Mix in well and cook another 15 minutes.

Serve with warm crisp rolls.

theanimal1, Aug 7, 12:34am
Chicken Croquettes

80g butter or marg
small onion finely chopped
1/2tsp dried thyme1/2tsp dried oregano
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (can use chicken mince, just cook for an extra 2 minutes approx)
2 T flour
2 T chopped parsley
1 T french mustard
1 t salt
pinch black pepper
2 tablespoons milk
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Melt 30g of the butter in a large heavy frying pan.Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until soft- about 5 min.Blend in the thyme and oregano and cook 1 min more.Stir in the chicken, flour, parsley, mustard, salt, pepper and milk and cook for 3 min.Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the egg and cheese.

Pour the mixture into a buttered medium sized dish spreading it evenly.Chill in the freezer for 15 min or until stiff enough to shape

Take the dish from the freezer and shape into patties

Melt the remaining butter in the pan over moderately high heat and brown the croquettes for 3 to 4 min each side.

theanimal1, Aug 7, 12:36am
Pappardelle with bacon hock peas and spinach

1 onion
1 bacon hock
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups baby spinach leaves
2 sheets fresh lasagne
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 rashers bacon

Peel onion and cut into quarters. Place onion and bacon hock in a saucepan and cover with water. Simmer for one hour, replenishing water to keep the hock covered. Drain, reserving one cup of cooking liquid. Cut skin from hock and discard. Remove meat from bone. Chop meat roughly. Bring reserved cooking liquid and chicken stock to the boil. Add peas and cook for five minutes. Add spinach and cook a further minute. Cut pasta sheets into 4cm wide, long ribbon lengths. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for eight minutes. Drain and drizzle with oil. Return pasta to saucepan with pea mixture and bacon hock pieces. Mix to combine. Grill( or fry) bacon. Remove rind and cut bacon into 4cm pieces. Serve pasta mixture in bowls with crisp bacon pieces.

Serves 2

theanimal1, Aug 7, 12:37am
Venison Meat Balls

1 and one half lb. ground venison
1 cup cooked quick oat meal
1/2 tsp. Each salt and pepper
2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
One half tsp. sage
Garlic powder (to taste)
1/4 cup butter
1 tbsp. flour
1 cup milk

Combine oatmeal, venison, salt, pepper, onion, sage and garlic powder; shape into balls about 1" in diameter. Brown meatballs in butter, cover pan; cook over low heat 15 minutes. Remove meatballs from pan and add flour to drippings to make gravy. Add milk and simmer 3-4 minutes (without boiling). Serve gravy hot over the meat balls. Try adding allspice, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, oregano, and other spices for variety.

lx4000, Aug 7, 2:30am
stews, mince, corned beef, steaks, chops

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 7, 7:10am
those are great thanks theanimal made a crockpot tonight. not very exciting but also baked a microwave chocolate cake. came out great suprisingly since i was worried i wouldnt remember the right measures lol.

tehenga288, Aug 7, 8:59am
Rice pudding in the crockpot is good. Try Poached Chicken in a pot - put a lemon chopped into quarters inside the cicken cavity along with some parsley and several pieces of peeled fresh ginger, also some bruised lemongrass stem if you have it. Pour over 1.5 cups each of soy sce & water .5 c red wine or balsamic or red wine vinegar; 2 tbsp brown sugar; 1 tsp 5 spice pdr; 8 whole star anise & 2 cloves roughly chopped garlic. Heat & simmer about 15 mins . Turn chick over & cook further 15 mins. Turn offput lid on & leave to finish cooking in the poaching liquid further 30mins .Chop into manageable pieces & serve with some of the liquid (can be thickened ) over noodles or rice with some greens cooked in the liquid