Healthy Food Guide Caramel slice recipe

crash_designs, Aug 1, 8:33am
There was a lower fat version of chocolate caramel slice in this months HFG magazine, but have misplaced it, has anyone got it handy? Thanks

juliewn, Aug 1, 11:49am
Hi..I haven't got the book, however their website has a large range of recipes available so it may be there? their site addy is:

http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes

2kees, Aug 2, 2:39am
Oil spray
1 c flour
125g reduced-fat spread, melted
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c rolled oats
380g can caramel condensed milk
60g dark cooking chocolate

Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 20cm x 20cm slice tin with oil and set aside. Thoroughly combine flour, melted spread, sugar and oats in a bowl. Press mixture in prepared tin and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Spread caramel over cooked base and return tin to oven for 15 mins or until caramel is firm and starting to bubble and brown. Remove slice from oven and cool. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over boiling water and melt, stirring, until completely smooth. Drizzle or spread over slice then refrigerate until set.
I am about to make this now, yum !!

crash_designs, Aug 2, 3:20am
Yay! Thank you, looks really good, I might make soon too!

crash_designs, Aug 2, 8:33am
There was a lower fat version of chocolate caramel slice in this months HFG magazine, but have misplaced it, has anyone got it handy! Thanks

2kees, Aug 2, 11:15am
No worries :) Man it is delish, I really like the oats in the base, will be making this version from now on. Much healthier, but definitely not lacking in taste.

juliewn, Aug 2, 11:49am
Hi.I haven't got the book, however their website has a large range of recipes available so it may be there! their site addy is:

http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes

juliewn, Aug 2, 2:10pm
Thanks for sharing the recipe.. will make this too :-)

2kees, Aug 3, 2:39am
Oil spray
1 c flour
125g reduced-fat spread, melted
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c rolled oats
380g can caramel condensed milk
60g dark cooking chocolate

Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 20cm x 20cm slice tin with oil and set aside. Thoroughly combine flour, melted spread, sugar and oats in a bowl. Press mixture in prepared tin and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Spread caramel over cooked base and return tin to oven for 15 mins or until caramel is firm and starting to bubble and brown. Remove slice from oven and cool. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over boiling water and melt, stirring, until completely smooth. Drizzle or spread over slice then refrigerate until set.
I am about to make this now, yum !

juliewn, Aug 3, 2:10pm
Thanks for sharing the recipe. will make this too :-)