Got no baking paper or spray what can i use?

jamiemew, Jul 29, 2:14am
hi im down at the batch for school hols and am making a date and walnut loaf however ive just realized after getting home from the shops theres NO spray or baking paper.... the loaf tin is an old one so defiantly not non stick! what can i use for the muffins i just oiled the tray but a loaf is heavier! will tin foil work or just burn the loaf without cooking the middle?

cookessentials, Jul 29, 2:20am
Do you have butter and plain flour? If you have, grease the tin with butter, then add 1-2 tbsp flour. Shake it around, tipping tin on it's side to cover all of the inside of the tin with the flour, then turn tin upside down over sink and tap gently to get rid of excess flour. Fill with mixture as per normal.

max-e-mim, Jul 29, 2:20am
both replied with the same advise

jamiemew, Jul 29, 2:29am
cant use butter as my sons dairy free but marg would work the same? and yes got flour! will do that
thank you

cookessentials, Jul 29, 2:31am
Have not done it with marge, but give it a go and see how it works.

jamiemew, Jul 29, 2:31am
what about oil instead?

kaddiew, Jul 29, 2:32am
As posters #2 & 3 have said. Don't use foil. You'll be picking it off the bottom of the loaf in bits - along with some of the loaf.Marge should work fine.

lx4000, Jul 29, 2:33am
marge works as thats what I use here for baking. But use butter in the cooking:)

jamiemew, Jul 29, 2:38am
cant use butter at all as my son would get very sick poor wee mite. have to use olivani. i know it wouldn't quite taste the same but ive been using marg for 2 years lol so are used to it. its a nice treat going to a cafe and having short bread without the kids hehe

gilligee, Jul 29, 3:06am
I would use foil. Why would there be a problem with that? Often used it.

holdenss, Jul 29, 3:44am
Drink 1/2 cup Oil then inhale 1 tsp Pepper.Just cant guarantee accurate coverage though.eerrrrr.

jamiemew, Jul 29, 3:57am
i used marg and flour and was PERFECT!!! walnut, date ginger loaf tastes FANTASTIC lol
thanks for the replys

jamiemew, Jul 30, 2:14am
hi im down at the batch for school hols and am making a date and walnut loaf however ive just realized after getting home from the shops theres NO spray or baking paper. the loaf tin is an old one so defiantly not non stick! what can i use for the muffins i just oiled the tray but a loaf is heavier! will tin foil work or just burn the loaf without cooking the middle!

cookessentials, Jul 30, 2:20am
Do you have butter and plain flour! If you have, grease the tin with butter, then add 1-2 tbsp flour. Shake it around, tipping tin on it's side to cover all of the inside of the tin with the flour, then turn tin upside down over sink and tap gently to get rid of excess flour. Fill with mixture as per normal.

jamiemew, Jul 30, 2:29am
cant use butter as my sons dairy free but marg would work the same! and yes got flour! will do that
thank you

jamiemew, Jul 30, 2:31am
what about oil instead!

kaddiew, Jul 30, 2:32am
As posters #2 & 3 have said. Don't use foil. You'll be picking it off the bottom of the loaf in bits - along with some of the loaf.Marge should work fine.

jamiemew, Jul 30, 2:38am
cant use butter at all as my son would get very sick poor wee mite. have to use olivani. i know it wouldn't quite taste the same but ive been using marg for 2 years lol so are used to it. its a nice treat going to a cafe and having short bread without the kids hehe

gilligee, Jul 30, 3:06am
I would use foil. Why would there be a problem with that! Often used it.

jamiemew, Jul 30, 3:57am
i used marg and flour and was PERFECT! walnut, date ginger loaf tastes FANTASTIC lol
thanks for the replys

kaddiew, Jul 30, 6:46am
Whenever I've tried to use it is doesn't peel off the baked product.

rj5, Jul 30, 6:49am
I use tinfoil all the time with my loaves, no problems at all

cookessentials, Jul 30, 8:03am
Well, there you go. Butter/ marge and the flour trick works well.saves paper.