Pork chops in milk

mazzy1, Jul 28, 4:18am
I would like to try this recipe tonight. How long do they take - and how hot should the oven be? TIA

mazzy1, Jul 28, 4:24am
someone suggested putting 1/4 inch of milk in a roasting dish, dipping the pork chops in this and then fresh breadcrumbs, than putting them back in the oven 'until tender' but I'm not sure how long this would be. C'mon people! Please? Someone? Anyone?? :-)

mackenzie2, Jul 28, 4:48am
I cook a whole pork belly in milk for about 2 hrs at 170 Pork chops would be a lot quicker, I would still do them on a low heat though, remove milk as soon as you have finished cooking it curdles

amazing_grace, Jul 28, 4:50am
Well, I always do my pork chops in milk.Chuck the chops into a large oven dish, in a single layer, no overlaps.Cover with milk till the tops are just covered.Bake about an hour.Take out and serve.By that time some of the milk will have evaporated during the cooking process, and the chops will be lovely and brown on top an soft and melting underneath!

shop-a-holic, Jul 28, 5:00am
I also do the Pork Belly in milk, but add bashed up Cumin, Fennel, Caraway, torn Bay Leaves, black Peppercorns and salt in a small amount of cheese cloth, tied with turkey string, and thrown in the milk. I pre-heat the milk and seasonings in a pot and pour into the baking dish to give it a bit of a "head start". Discard milk and seasonings before serving. You probably don't need cheese cloth either. :-)

mazzy1, Jul 29, 12:46am
My oven was a little hot (180C) and I did them for a bit too long - 70 mins, but OMG they were delicious! They were really tender, with a delicate flavour - almost like cinnamon. I put in some dried tarragon and half a teaspoon of mustard powder into the milk, microwaved it for 2 mins then poured it over the uncovered loin chops. My husband was dubious when he heard about this recipe, but managed to chaff through 2 chops. Give it a go - yum!

mazzy1, Jul 29, 4:18am
I would like to try this recipe tonight. How long do they take - and how hot should the oven be! TIA

mazzy1, Jul 29, 4:24am
someone suggested putting 1/4 inch of milk in a roasting dish, dipping the pork chops in this and then fresh breadcrumbs, than putting them back in the oven 'until tender' but I'm not sure how long this would be. C'mon people! Please! Someone! Anyone! :-)

shop-a-holic, Jul 29, 5:00am
I also do the Pork Belly in milk, but add bashed up Cumin, Fennel, Caraway, torn Bay Leaves, black Peppercorns and salt in a small amount of cheese cloth, tied with turkey string, and thrown in the milk. I pre-heat the milk and seasonings in a pot and pour into the baking dish to give it a bit of a "head start". Discard milk and seasonings before serving. You probably don't need cheese cloth either. :-)

mazzy1, Jul 29, 5:08am
170 - 180!